Fatal error: Incompatible file format:

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Download)' started by byronsmith, Dec 22, 2010.

1. byronsmith

byronsmith Member

Howzit peoples.

Project of mine is to upgrade our Helpdesk from v3 to v4.

My Current setup

Redhat 6

[root@localhost zend]# uname -a
    Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 1 01:33:01 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

PHP 5.3.x and ZendOptimser/Guard 3.3

[root@localhost zend]# php -v
    PHP 5.3.2 (cli) (built: Aug 17 2010 04:35:29)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

I've uploaded the files in binary and as an added extra I uploaded the .tar.gz and extracted all via SSH but nothing seems to help.

This is the error message.
    Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /var/www/html/support/__swift/swift.php on line 0

All issues like this point to files being uploaded in ASCII etc however I've made sure that the files have been binary or uploaded the tar.gz and extracted it on the server.

Anyone got any other ideas I can try?

Thanking you.

2. byronsmith

byronsmith Member

Ok I think I see my problem...

I'm using Guard Loader rather than Optimiser...

Why is there no Zend Optimiser for PHP 5.3.x. Very frustrating because the YUM repo doesn't have a downgrade option. Only package avail is 5.3.x

Anyway, I'll see how I get on.

Regards
    Byron

3. bobon

bobon New Member

Add

Yeap, I've a same problem. We have RHEL PHP 5.3.4 and ZendLoader 5.5.0.

Does Any Solutions ?

4. chatwizrd

chatwizrd New Member

Can we please get an answer on this?

I cannot hold my php back any longer since php 5.2 is no longer going to be developed and my kayako no longer is working with php 5.3

I get this error:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 2, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /wwwroot/domain.com/htdocs/swift.php on line 0

I have version 3.60.03 on php 5.3 and apache2 with the Zend Guard Loader for php 5.3 installed.

5. byronsmith

byronsmith Member

Still no luck with this. I was really looking forward to upgrading over the XMAS period however with no PHP 5.3 support for Zend Optimiser, I'm a little out of luck.

6. Mle

Mle Established Member

As of this posting, Fusion is NOT compatible with Zend Guard Loader for PHP 5.3. IonCube is generally not a good choice for performance. For those who tried PHP 5.3 and got this:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /var/www/html/__swift/swift.php on line 0

Kayako needs to encode Fusion separately for Zend Guard Loader in order for it to work. If you absolutely must have PHP 5.3, ionCube is the only option at this time.
    I posted this on the Server requirements wiki page as well.

7. orbitmicro

orbitmicro Member

I am having this problem too, I have PHP 5.3.5 with Zend Guard Loader v3.3. I will be emailing their support about this.

8. Mle

Mle Established Member

Been there and done that. They state on their upgrade wiki that it's simply not compatible with PHP 5.3 unless you use ioncube (which I don't recommend)

I had to download and install PHP 5.2 from an external repo (also not recommended but it should work, there's IUS or Zend repos. Zend does things different than the traditional RHEL repos so I stuck with IUS) with Optimizer to get it up.

9. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

As I understand it, its pretty much the encription changed between Zend Optimiser and Zend Guard, and there is simply no compatability between them. So ideally kayako would need to have 3 download options, IonCube, Zend Optimser ( for php 5.2 ) and then a new download of Zend Guard ( for php 5.3 )

Gary

10. orbitmicro

orbitmicro Member

Just heard back from their support, they basically said what we already know.