Feedback on Kayako Desktop

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop and Kayako OnSite' started by NC Software, Apr 23, 2012.

1. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Another X issue --
    When you click X in a visitor alert to close it, it shouldn't raise KD and show you the visitor list. It should only do that if you click on the alert. X should just close the alert, no further action.
    Regarding chat alerts --
    If you Accept a chat it should raise KD regardless of whether it is running in the system tray (works now) or minimized to the taskbar (doesn't work).
    The cursor should also appear in the reply box.

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Is anyone having problems with File, Settings? They reset randomly on our stations, sometimes working fine for days.
    Occassionally you also have to end KD as a process using Task Manager. The app won't allow an operator to login; exiting and restarting does not fix it. The app will be listed under Processes even though you have closed it. When you use End Process, all settings revert back to the defaults which is very painful as we make a couple dozen changes.

3. Drew Lederman

Drew Lederman Established Member

This is being worked on. In the meantime, you can do a File -> Export -> Settings to save your preferences - that way you can just quickly import them the next time it happens instead of manually setting everything the way you like it.

4. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Thanks for the tip. That will work fine for now.

5. NC Software

NC Software Member

When clicking the close X on a tab (chat window) the first click "leave's" the chat, then you have to click the X again to close the tab. If I'm closing the X I want the tab closed, don't make me click it twice, once to close/leave the chat, second to close the tab.

6. Drew Lederman

Drew Lederman Established Member

That was my position too, but the rest of us couldn't agree. ;)

http://dev.kayako.com/browse/KD-131

Feel free to vote it up.

7. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Something else that needs to be checked into is the chat in session status in the list view.
    Sometimes it will say "browsing" for a visitor who is actively engaged by another operator. It does not show active chat status or operator name.
    Other times it works as expected.

8. Joseph Mixon

Joseph Mixon New Member

The option of minimizing the application to the tray vs. closing the application completely upon X-ing out is very critical to our use. We are implementing the app in a Citrix XenApp environment, and when the user "closes" the app by clicking the X, it continues to run on the server (in the tray) causing issues with resources, connected sessions, re-opening the app later, etc. So basically I can't deploy this beyond our testers until this is resolved or I come up with a work-around. Note that I am aware that the user can press Ctrl + q to quit, but there's no way of enforcing that.
    That being said, it does appear that the issue of cefbrowser.exe continuing to run after truly quitting the application has been resolved.