1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed File attachments for notes

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by excelcare, Jul 4, 2011.

1. excelcare

excelcare New Member

Within NOTES we used to be able to attach files for (Staff Purposes) like attached zip files which contained source code or files for staff to view.

Now we have to use the reply/forward field to attach a staff file, then un-tick 'send mail' to achieve the same goal. However this gets messy when you have a large on-going ticket; as you have to scroll down and read all the ticket to find such attachments.

2. idlerobbo

idlerobbo New Member

I read somewhere that this was possible in previous versions? The only way we see it possible is by replying or forwarding an email, which we believe the client would also see. Is there a possibility of adding attachments to notes for internal use only?

3. Luke Pinion

Luke Pinion Established Member

+1
    This would indeed be quite nice. And no, to my knowledge this wasn't possible in the previous version without a modification.

4. u.ha

u.ha Member

I am also looking for a possibility to add attachments to tickets for internal use.
    Seems to me that this had been an open issue for a long time...

5. Ivo V

Ivo V New Member

Feature is also requested by us.

6. clinch

clinch New Member

+1 for this feature request

7. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

8. +1

That would be really helpful for our staff.

9. Michael Mue

Michael Mue Member

10. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

We've added attachment support to case notes in the new Kayako :)

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 14.27.04.png

11. Kevin Reed

Kevin Reed Member

Is this functionality likely to be back-ported into Kayako Download (and if so, any time soon)? We are restricted to using the download version for the foreseeable future, but would consider this to be a massive time saving if it can be made available...