1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

For new tickets, default "Notes" area to appear (without hitting 'add note')

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Todd H, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Todd H

Todd H Member

Hi All,

Anyone know a way of making the 'notes' section appear by default in a new ticket?

I realize it's not a big deal to hit the 'add note' button, but our support department asked if I knew of a way to make it appear by default on all new tickets, because if they forget to do it at the start of the ticket creation process, and have to scroll back up, hit the 'add note' button and scroll back down, it interrupts the flow of their conversation with the support phone call.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Todd,

You could edit the code to make it do that, e.g. __apps\tickets\staff\class.View_Ticket.php

Near line 638 ( might vary depending on your version )

Look for this:

/*
    * ###############################################
    * END GENERAL TAB
    * ###############################################
    */

Just before that, add this code:

Code:

$_GeneralTabObject->AppendHTML("<script>UICreateWindow('" . $_SWIFT->Settings->Get('general_producturl') . "/staff/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/AddNote/" . $_SWIFT_TicketObject->GetTicketID()."', 'addnote', 'Add Note', 'Loading...', 650, 480, true, this);</script>");

That should do the trick

Gary

3. Todd H

Todd H Member

Thanks for the tip Gary!

I've been playing around with the code for the last few hours, but I haven't had any luck showing any effect (except on the first attempt when I mistyped ; instead of ' in one spot, which then blanked out the 'new ticket' window).

I'm going to keep working on it but if you have any troubleshooting suggestions they would be most welcome!

Thanks as always for your support.

Todd

4. Gary McGrath

Hi Todd,

If you do what I said above, that should make it prompt to add a note whenever you open up a ticket, I tested it to ensure it was working.

Gary

5. Todd H

Todd H Member

Hi Gary,

You are absolutely correct -- I was looking for the action in the wrong place. Now when we open an existing ticket, the 'notes' popup does appear automatically by default.

The behaviour I was looking for (and retrospectively did not describe in the proper detail originally) is when we create a new ticket, there is the 'add note' button (to the right of the 'create' button on the form) that when pushed doesn't open a popup but just shows a new data entry field called "Notes" under the "Reply Contents" box. I was hoping to figure out a way to make that "Notes" data entry field appear automatically by default during this ticket creation phase.

If that's a possibility, I would appreciate any insight you might have.

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Thanks,
    Todd

6. Gary McGrath

Hi Todd,

Ah ok, that should be pretty straight forward.

file: class.View_Ticket.php

Near line 1888, look for

$_TabObject->StartContainer($_tabPrefix . 'notes', false);

and simply alter false to be true

$_TabObject->StartContainer($_tabPrefix . 'notes', true);

That should do what you are looking for

Gary

Todd H likes this.
  7. Todd H

Todd H Member

Hi Gary,

That worked perfectly -- exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Todd

8. aanyadsouza

aanyadsouza New Member

Wohoo.. So much informative information..!!