1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

French language pack v4

Discussion in 'Language packs' started by joelmessas, Oct 8, 2010.

1. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Here's the french language pack (complete according to all fields) vor the v4

Attached Files:

2. frufli

frufli New Member

French language pack v4 release ?

Do you release a French language pack for the v4.01 release ?

3. smckendrick

smckendrick Member

Hey folks,

New user here, looking for a French v4.01 release. The v4 one in these threads won't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Scott

4. ExcelToner

ExcelToner New Member

Any luck finding this language release? I am also in need of some french :)

Thanks

Steve

5. SimonPl

SimonPl New Member

Hello,

I'am also need the french language pack. :)

Thanks

Simon

6. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I cannot create it as well, I dont know French, but all you need to do is use this file attached, and put in the French words to replace the English, then you can upload it to your helpdesk and use it in the dropdown to select language.

Gary

Edit: if your not sure about the top bit, it should be this:

<title>French</title>
    <isocode>FR</isocode>
    <author>Your Name</author>
    <charset>UTF-8</charset>
    <textdirection>LTR</textdirection>
    <version>0</version>
    <flagicon>{$themepath}fr.gif</flagicon>

I also attached a french logo for the theme path.

Attached Files:

7. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

I am now updating it...

8. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

I am now updating it...

9. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Here it is... It's probably not perfect... but don't hesitate to correct it by yourself

Attached Files:

10. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Mmm still one problem with the charsets :

Nouveautés instead of Nouveautés

11. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

ok, I made an updates with most of the accents... but still some of them are not ok, see the screenshot.

Well two widgets are not translated in the screenshot but it's corrected. But the widget and menu name for "News" don't have the correct encoding. Also the language choosing menu "Français" that doesn't display well. "Live support offline" is a picture, it could be nice if it is replace by text that can be translated instead.

Untitled.png

Attached Files:

12. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

oh and the search button is not big enough for "Recherche"

13. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Text "Overall Satisfaction" in http://abc.kayako.com/Tickets/Ticket/View/1 is not possible to translate (No Phrase entry)

Date don't come formatted with the locale : "Créé: 08 June 2011 12:16 PM Mis à jour: 08 June 2011 12:16 PM" Should be "Juin" instead of "June". Actually the whole format should be able to change

14. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Here it is updated v4

Attached Files:

15. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

Latest version here... and don't forget 2 things :
    1) Put this in your php.ini file : default_charset = "utf-8"
    2) change in the CSS template : .searchbutton { -moz-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px; width: 70px; -> width: 70px; -> width: 100px; unless teh "SEARCH" button, will not display correctly (RECHERCHE in french)

Attached Files:

16. Sironet

Sironet New Member

Hello.

Nice one Joelmessas, thanks for sharing this, finally we can have the french working properly now.

Super, merci beaucoup. :)

17. joelmessas

joelmessas Member

No problem... Y'a pas que quoi ;)

18. Trevor Monaghan

Trevor Monaghan New Member

Hello joelmessas,

Where do you need to update this information please? I do not seem to understand the location of the files to be actualised. Many thanks; Trevor M

1) Put this in your php.ini file : default_charset = "utf-8"
    2) change in the CSS template : .searchbutton { -moz-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px; width: 70px; -> width: 70px; -> width: 100px; unless teh "SEARCH" button, will not display correctly (RECHERCHE in french)

19. Trevor Monaghan

Hello could you please assist with finding out where to look for updating the configuration for both 1) Put this in your php.ini file : default_charset = "utf-8" and 2) change in the CSS template : .searchbutton { -moz-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px; width: 70px; -> width: 70px; -> width: 100px; unless teh "SEARCH" button, will not display correctly (RECHERCHE in french)

Many thanks,

Trevor

20. Trevor Monaghan

SORRY - I found out where that is meant to be changed - Feeling so silly though "lol" cheers