1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Frequent Updates on V4

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by MobileNow, Aug 27, 2010.

1. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Hi Kayako,
    Is it possible to get access to the bug tracker in order to know what issues are being resolved in each version? Right now 4.0.855 is the latest announced version, however, .873 is the current version available for download. I don't want to update my test Kayako every day or two in order to ensure I'm not reporting old bugs, however, I can completely understand why ya'll wouldn't want to do it for every release.

Is it possible for us to do a "Kayako Week in Review" where a new V4 edition is announced and all of the changes between it and the previous announced version are listed?

Thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

2. Makc666

Makc666 Established Member

There is a good way to see some of them by using comparison software like Araxis Merge (payed) or WinMerge (free).

Just compare upload folder of different builds an you will see the changes.

Of course there are some encrypted files but I think we can afford not to pay attention to this fact.

But I do agree that CHANGELOG will be nice to have.

3. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

I am currently preparing the way for detailed changelogs between versions. A weekly summary is a good idea.

I've created a public project for bug tracking (Fusion, Resolve and Engage - Kayako JIRA) - however, versioning has not been linked up yet, and won't be until next week.

4. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

Thanks a ton!

Keep up the hard work Jamie.

I'm really, really anxious for V4 to RTM so that we can start using it at our company.

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

6. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

I use BeyondCompare :)

Great little piece of software. Worth every penny.

7. Jordan Sanders

Jordan Sanders New Member

And Code Compare is also great, besides it's free https://www.devart.com/codecompare/

8. bear

bear Kayako Guru