1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Getting CC to create a ticket.

Discussion in 'Email piping' started by netFusion, May 22, 2007.

1. netFusion

netFusion Reputed Member

Here's the first scenario...

A user sends me an email directly instead of sending it to the help desk mail queue.

I reply to the user and add my help desk mail queue as a CC address, reminding the user to send the ticket to the mail queue address instead of me directly next time. ;)

This should politely remind the user and still create a ticket at the same time.

The parser reads the message out of the POP3 account and creates a log entry saying "Result: No Assigned Queues Found for Mail Recipients".

So how do I get the mail parser to create the ticket from the Recipient when the mail queue email address is the CC address?

Users frequently carry on a discussion and add the help desk mail queue to create a ticket, so I see this happening frequently.

Any thoughts? I think I've seen this problem in the forum somehwere, but doing a search on CC and Parser has not led me back to it yet. And I don't find anything in the knowledebase on it either...

I'm running SupportSuite 3.10.02 Stable with the Mahesh Mail Queue Name and Address patch.

Eddie

2. ironfist

ironfist Established Member

I usually just manually create a ticket for the user via the staff CP and paste in the email.