1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

[Help] Adding email content to AutoResponder

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Amitm, Mar 15, 2013.

1. AjayP240

AjayP240 Member

Is there any way to include data entered in custom fields within the ticket in the auto reply in addition to the message text?

2. FI12345

FI12345 Member

Hello, I know I am rather late to this thread however, I have tried to do all of this and while the email contents are sent, the html tags remain in the body. I have tried to do all that is suggested in this thread. Is there something else here that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

3. joeldickson

joeldickson New Member

Hi Gary,

I am experiencing the same issue as FI12345. Working from Outlook and it processes the ticket with the header information in the 'contents'. Please see attached.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Try the attached files, to resolve that issue, I had to build in a full html processor to understand the html content

Gary

Attached Files:

5. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

Gary,

I tried using these files. I replaced the existing files with the files you attached in the appropriate directories ([Fusion Directory]\__apps\tickets\library\Ticket and [Fusion Directory]\__apps\tickets\models\Ticket). Once they're replaced and I attempt to create a ticket via emailing the support desk address, I do not receive the autoresponse email, but the ticket gets created in the system properly. There do not appear to be any errors showing up in Admin CP using these files either. When making the modifications you suggested here http://forums.kayako.com/threads/help-adding-email-content-to-autoresponder.33304/#post-155807 to the original files, I have the same issue that the people above mentioned where the html code is in the email response, but ONLY IF the ticket was created via the emailing the support desk. If the ticket is created using the customer web portal, the autoresponse email looks perfect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blake

6. Gary McGrath

What version of Kayako are you running? the files I attached were for 4.66-4.67

Gary

7. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

That's probably it. We are running 4.58. We haven't really had an opportunity to upgrade. Is there any chance these changes can be ported to 4.58, or do we need to upgrade in order to use this functionality?

8. Gary McGrath

A version for 4.58 attached, please note you need to ensure your php.ini file is loading the tidy module, as tidy is being used to clean the html.

Gary

Edit: the changes to the other file are the same as posted in the original thread

Attached Files:

9. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

Thanks for the file, Gary. It still doesn't seem to be working. I received the email this time around, but it still has the html in the body of the message. I made sure the tidy extension is being loaded, and confirmed using the PHP info page. Just FYI, back in 4.58 PHP v5.3 is what was recommended so that is what we still use. Could that be the issue?

Please see the attached screenshot for what the email looks like even with the changes.

Attached Files:

10. Gary McGrath

is your email content set to HTML? if its text only, then your going to see the html

Gary

11. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

My apologies. I meant to put that in the last message, and forgot.

In Admin CP -> Mail Parser -> Settings, Email Content Priority was already set to HTML. Is there somewhere else I need to change this?

12. Gary McGrath

hmm.. not sure why that's displaying header stuff then, the mod uses tiny and it was set to body only = true, so there should be no "<head>" tags at all.

how accurate do you want the auto responder? I could make it convert the html to basic text, and add that in instead

Gary

13. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

I think basic text should be fine. Thank you for your help on this.

14. Gary McGrath

Try this file.

Gary

Attached Files:

15. Blake Boman

Blake Boman Member

Seems that did the trick. Thank you very much for your assistance with this.

16. Gary McGrath

you're welcome :)

Gary

17. Brian Parvin

Brian Parvin New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with emails showing the html. We are 4.68.1 . Would the 4.66-4.67 files be safe to use or is there any updates I would need to make?