1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

HELP! - Custom Tweaks not working for v4.75 of download

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by Chris Plapp, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

I upgraded to version 4.75 of download and just tried to install the latest version of Custom Tweaks and it says it does not work with v4.75, only 4.73.

All of my sites are now broken!

2. Chris Plapp

I changed the version within CT and was able to install it, but the Most Popular and Recently added sections on the homeindex template are throwing errors now:

Notice
    Undefined index: mostpopular (C:/Apache24/htdocs/Kayako_Live4/__swift/cache/a1dc93ae5a66a0840f523c045670c3bc.php:137)

3. Chris Plapp

Update - I found the missing hooks file for the KB stuff Gary and that now works.

The only remaining problem is that none of the HTML editing in ticket replies seems to work properly. In the help desk, if you bold or up the font, it looks like this inside Kayako:

Testing reply _WITH HTML_ again

When I get the email in Outlook, it is like this:

Testing reply <span style="font-size: 18pt;"><em><strong>with HTML</strong></em></span> again<br><div></div>

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

you should not need the newer versions of CT ( those added the wysiwyg editor ), you just need the one which added KB stuff to the home index, which is from the other thread on here, let me see if I can find it

edit: I see you found it!

RE the HTML thing, make sure you have all your settings to HTML, it sounds like the editor is enabled, but your email queue settings are not set for HTML

Gary

5. Chris Plapp

I was previously using 2.96, but it wouldn't let me install that version either, so I went looking for a newer one.

6. Chris Plapp

Bingo - HTML and TinyMCE was disabled.

Thanks again Gary.

7. Gary McGrath

np, glad you got it all working :D

Gary

8. Chris Plapp

I don't know if this is custom tweaks - or base Kayako, but the Font Color and background color selectors are not working in the KB article editor now.

Attached Files:

9. Chris Plapp

It also seems like using the ENTER key between lines of text within the KB is no longer working at all. Every paragraph now runs together even though I see the P tags.

10. Chris Plapp

It is stripping out the NBSP whenever you save an article

11. Gary McGrath

Have you tried clearing your cache? it sounds like there is a TinyMCE conflict.

Gary

12. Chris Plapp

It seems to be working now. I realized I forgot to restore a hook you have me for custom tweaks as well.

13. Chris Plapp