Hide Chat and Calls

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by jlc, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jlc

jlc Established Member

I need help hiding both the chat and calls tab from staff ticket view?

Thanks.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

If you goto Admin CP, Staff, Manage teams, then click on the staff team, goto the permissions tab.

you will see live chat, just change can view live chat tab to no.

Gary

3. jlc

jlc Established Member

Gary,

This only removes the tabs on top tool bar I need to remove the smaller tabs whithin the actual ticket.

4. jlc

jlc Established Member

Gary,

This only removes the tabs on top tool bar I need to remove the smaller tabs whithin the actual ticket.

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

You will have to edit the source code for this. You can find the files here -- __modules/tickets/staff

6. jdoyle

jdoyle Member

Could you tell me which file we would modify? We found one called class.View_Ticket but weren't sure that was the correct one. It had some code that had a header of "Begin CALLS TAB" and another with "Begin CHATS TAB".
    We are not real familiar with the files and code yet so we want to make sure we are headed in the right direction.
    - Julie

7. jdoyle

jdoyle Member

Someone sent me a recommendation to inactivate the Chat module. In Admin Console go to Modules, Click on Live Chat, then click the Uninstall button. I was very worried about this thinking that if we needed it later we wouldn't get it back, but once I clicked Unistall I saw that we could click Install later on. By doing this it removed both the Chat and Call tabs on the Ticket View. Perfect!