1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

How to include an unsubscribe link on a news article

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by cxtsupport, Apr 10, 2015.

1. cxtsupport

cxtsupport Established Member

I've been searching for a way to include a link at the bottom of all my emailed news messages that allows my users to unsubscribe if they like?

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I think you would need to add a link such as helpdeskdomain.com/index.php?/Base/UserAccount/Preferences and state login and change your news preferences if you do not wish to receive any further notifications.

Gary

3. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

Hi,

To add Gary's reply, alternatively, you may upgrade your Kayako Product to latest build as we have already implemented this feature in our latest release. Please refer: SWIFT-2635

4. cxtsupport

Hi Guys and thank you very much for the responses. Our solution was to move away from the news section entirely in Fusion. The emailing feature requires us to do too many spam preventing things with our outbound mail. Additionally, to format the messages so they present well on all screen sizes we would have to spend significant time figuring out how to make the news that displays in the client interface work differently when it's viewed in an email client desktops/tablets/mobile.

Instead we used Mail Chimp and adjusted the Subscribe section so that the forms actually submit to our mail list in Mail Chimp which lets be honest.. it's what they do and it works MUCH BETTER when we send email to clients through Mail Chimp than through Fusion. Once we draft up a format in Mail Chimp we simply copy the content into our news and only publish it to our client Support Site rather than emailing it. This makes it possible to track click throughs, message stats, list subscribers, un-subscribers, bounces, avoid spam and it's beautifully formatted for all device sizes. We also included HTML5 form validation on the fields which works beautifully to ensure they actually enter a valid email address.

Here is a little screen shot of how we implemented it.

[​IMG]

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  5. Jeff-Net

Jeff-Net Member

@cxtsupport Would you mind providing the code for implementing this?

6. cxtsupport

Sorry for the late reply.. I didn't see this since I moved to Google Inbox.

We modified the header template under general and added the following code.

Code:
    <!-- ############   Begin MailChimp Signup Form #################-->
    <form action="//yourlist.com/subscribe/post?u=7e1a0440c13c0efa6012b762e&amp;id=d33213bc79" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank">  
        <div id="leftsubscribebox" class="switchingpanel" style="text-align: center;">
            <div id="inputframe zebraeven">
                <input type="text" name="FNAME" class="emailstyledlabel" style="margin-top: 10px; color: #6B6B6B;" id="mce-FNAME" required placeholder="First name">
                <input type="text" name="LNAME" class="emailstyledlabel"  style="margin-top: 5px; color: #6B6B6B;" id="mce-LNAME" required placeholder="Last name">
                <input type="email" name="EMAIL" class="emailstyledlabel" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; color: #6B6B6B;" id="mce-EMAIL" required placeholder="Your email address">
            </div>
                <hr class="vdivider">
                <div id="logintext">&nbsp;</div>     
                <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
                <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;">
                    <input type="text" name="b_7e1a0440c13c0efa6012b762e_d33213bc79" tabindex="-1" value="">
                </div>
                <div id="loginsubscribebuttons">
                    <input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="rebuttonwide2 rebuttonwide2final">
                </div>
        </div> 
    </form>
    <!--##############  End MailChimp Signup Form ################-->
    Right below this tag
    HTML:
    <{if $_canSubscribeNews == true}>

Gary McGrath likes this.
  7. David C

David C New Member

We are running the latest version but whenever someone clicks the link to Unsubscribe, they get "Sorry you do not have permission to carry out this action". Any way this can be changed? I've looked over all the News settings and cannot find a way to rectify this.