1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

How to plug MCImageManager into Kayako?

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by nibb, Oct 2, 2011.

1. noven

noven Member

Now that thay have merged into moxiemanager it seems a very different process will be needed. Anyone tried yet?

2. peterz

peterz Member

Tried moxiemanager with no luck. I have working up to the point of it asking to authenticate.

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I took a quick look at the new website, it is different, but not by much in terms of authentication and integration code. Unfortunately I do not have a license for moxiemanager, so I cannot download it to make the code tweaks required to get it working :/

Gary

4. peterz

peterz Member

Was able to get working but have static username and password. Still have not been able to get sessions to work.

5. Leif

Leif Established Member

Since Kayako 4.60 uses TinyMCE version 4.x, the integration with ImageManager no longer works. Moxie indicates that MoxieManager can be integrated with TinyMCE 4.x, but the authentication mechanism would need to be reworked. Would it be possible to get the authentication piece re-worked for Kayako 4.6x if we supplied the MoxieManager code?

6. Gary McGrath

Hi Leif,

If you can PM me your moxie manager download, I can get it working and then post updated code.

Gary

7. Brad Christ

Brad Christ Member

Gary,

Did you ever get a copy of MoxieManager? If not, I'll happily provide one. Without imagemanager or it's replacement, I can't really upgrade.

8. Gary McGrath

Hi Brad,

I do have the replacement integration code, however I have not fully tested it. ( I am waiting to hear back from a tester, but all was fine on my local install )

I can post the integration steps if you wish to try it.

Gary

9. Brad Christ

Brad Christ Member

That would be great. I'd be happy to test it out.

10. Gary McGrath

Instructions for Moxie Manager Install ( With Staff Session Checker )

1) Unpack and upload the Moxie Manager files to the following location:

__swift\apps\base\javascript\__global\thirdparty\TinyMCE\plugins\moxiemanager\

2) Replace the Plugin.php file with the one attached here, to the following location:

__swift\apps\base\javascript\__global\thirdparty\TinyMCE\plugins\moxiemanager\plugins\SessionAuthenticator

3) Edit your config.php file, located here: __swift\apps\base\javascript\__global\thirdparty\TinyMCE\plugins\moxiemanager

( note if this file is empty, run the moxie installer to generate your config file, URL to run the installer below )

http://helpdeskurl/__swift/apps/bas...irdparty/TinyMCE/plugins/moxiemanager/install

Once your config.php is generated, edit the following settings:

// Authentication
    $moxieManagerConfig['authenticator'] = 'SessionAuthenticator';
    $moxieManagerConfig['authenticator.login_page'] = '';

4) Edit the core.js file located here: __swift\apps\base\javascript\__cp\thirdparty\legacy

Find the LoadTinyMCE() function around like 732, and within the plugins section, add the word 'moxiemanager'

e.g. plugins: [
    "moxiemanager advlist anchor autolink autosave autoresize charmap code contextmenu directionality emoticons",

5) Log into the Admin CP, goto Diagnostics, rebuild cache

6) Clear your browers cache ( hard refresh F5 )

That should be it, goto Staff CP, knowledgebase, edit an article, click on the insert image icon, and once in this window, click on the browse icon to load Moxie Manager

Let me know how you get on.

Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Niclas Olofsson likes this.
  11. Brad Christ

Brad Christ Member

Hi Gary,

Thanks much. Hopefully, I'll have time to try it this afternoon.

12. Brad Christ

Brad Christ Member

Okay, got Moxiemanager installed and the authentication changes made. Unfortunately, session authentication is not working. Instead, I get this error message: "Server returned an invalid response [object Object]"

I noticed the path in the new Plugins.php was incorrect for my installation, so I changed the path in this line: "require_once('./../../../../../../../../config/config.php'). However, that didn't fix the problem either and I still see the same error message. I also cleared the file of crtl-M characters, just in case there was a some problem. That didn't fix it either.

I tried enabling logging for Moxiemanager, but it just would not create a log file even when set to debug level (I'm not sure what the magic is, the settings in config.php looked correct.)

If I revert to basic authentication, Moxiemanager works correctly. I've disabled selinux and restarted Apache, but session authentication just isn't working.

Any ideas where to check or how to get more useful troubleshooting information?

13. Gary McGrath

Hi Brad,

Can you use the original Plugin file, and after it does not work, can you open your php error log and see if it logged any errors?

Gary

edit: change the require once line to this and see if that fixes it:

require_once(__DIR__ . '../../../../../../../../../../../config/config.php');

14. Brad Christ

Brad Christ Member

Hi Gary,

After applying your edit, it works!

Thanks much.

And disabling selinux was a good idea too. It's causing trouble as usual. Even when disabled, however, the original Plugins.php does not work (I tried it again to make sure).

15. Gary McGrath

Excellent :) I have updated the original post with the amended file.

Gary

16. Aaron H

Aaron H Member

Gary,

This is a feature we're looking at however with the customization it requires, does upgrading Kayako break the Application functionality? Basically I'm trying to weigh the administration of this on our site vs. ease of use for our staff.

Thanks.

17. Gary McGrath

Hi Aaron,

Because I have done this using the session authentication, it should be pretty easy to manage it.

When you upgrade, what will happen is that the plugin wont load anymore ( it wont break the upgrade etc.. it will just stop working )

Then you would just need to repeat step 4 above, to reenable the plugin

Gary

18. Aaron H

Aaron H Member

Cool. Do you happen to have a screen shot of what the editor looks like with the plugin enabled? And I'm assuming this pushes images to be inline (within the ticket) rather than attachments correct?

19. Gary McGrath

Hi Aaron,

This plugin is for the rich content editor, the one used in Knowledgebase. It allows your staff to upload new images for the content directly to your webserver.

I have attached a screen shot.

Gary

20. Aaron H

Aaron H Member

So it is strictly for the knowledgebase / news then correct? Good enough.