1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

How to use DKIM signing on 4.7

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by sws, Mar 24, 2018.

1. sws

sws Established Member

I would like to configure the outgoing emails to be signed with my dkim private key, however, cannot seem to find any mention of DKIM in the admin area of kayako 4.7.

In the files there are various mentions, such as:
    __swift\thirdparty\SwiftMailer\classes\SwiftMailer\Signers\DKIMSigner.php

But, I'm not sure where to start with making use of it.
    Emails are sent via SMTP and not php mail().

If anybody knows how to go about setting it up (I don't mind editing the files) I would appreciate it.

2. sws

sws Established Member

If not, does anybody know what version this became available?

The only thing I can find about DKIM and kayako is: https://support.kayako.com/article/1197-protecting-your-emails-from-spam-filters

I found snippets of info regarding DKIM and swift mailer, which is what kayako uses, but so far my attempts at implementing it have been futile. I don't get errors with what I added, but it also doesn't produce DKIM signed headers, so I am obviously missing something or putting it in the wrong files, i.e: https://github.com/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/issues/636

Kayako refers to it as SwiftMailer and not just Swift, but similar code doesn't cause any errors in kayako, because all the functionality is there.. it's just my lack of knowing the proper placement and if something is missing.
    i.e:

I have tried the following

.../__apps/tickets/library/Ticket/class.SWIFT_TicketEmailDispatch.php

Towards the bottom near:
    $this->Mail->SetDataText($_contentsText);

Code:

$privateKey = file_get_contents('/var/pathtokey/dkimprivatekey.pem');
            $domainName = 'mydomain.com';
            $selector = 'k1';

$signer = new SwiftMailer_Signers_DKIMSigner($privateKey, $domainName, $selector);
            $signer->ignoreHeader('Return-Path');
           $this->Mail->addSignature($signer) ;
            $this->Mail->attachSigner($signer);      

/* or */

$signer = new \SwiftMailer_Signers_DKIMSigner($privateKey, $domainName, $selector);
            $this->Mail->addSignature($signer) ;
            $this->Mail->attachSigner($signer);      

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018