1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

I installed GeoIP, now how do I use it?

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Cory Long, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Cory Long

Cory Long New Member

I successfully installed GeoIP lite for Kayako. Now that it appears to be installed, how do I actually use it? On incoming emails, I don't see a GeoIP tab, or any GeoIP information. I've read the official documentation, but it doesn't specify how to use it, only setup. Where in the interface can I see GeoIP information on a ticket?

Official docs below.

2. Cory Long

Cory Long New Member

I've found a GeoIP tab under chats. Is there anything else that GeoIP is used for? Is there an official list or documentation on this?
  3. akuehnemund

akuehnemund Member

Hi Jamie,

Back in 2011 you wrote the Kayako team is planning to integrate GeoIP information into Kayako tickets. 7 years later there's still no GeoIP information available in tickets. Now, I know some features take more time than others to be added. However, 7 years seems like a very long time for adding something that should not be all that difficult to implement. Should I/we just give up on ever seeing this implemented or is this something that we may actually see during our lifetimes?