IE10 Breaks Webforms

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by cginest, Sep 4, 2013.

1. cginest

cginest Established Member

I'm sure this is because my template code is somehow off, but I cant seem to get to the bottom of this one myself.

Using firefox, visit this page to see how its supposed to look - https://support.returnpath.net/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/3

And then look again using IE10 - https://support.returnpath.net/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/3

You can see that the "Please enter a brief general description of your request or inquiry" text is buried at the bottom of the page in IE10, but shows up fine everywhere else.

Heres the code that governs the page in the template:

Code:
    <{elseif $_selectedDepartmentTitle == "RP Corp Website Requests and Bugs"}>
                <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
                    <tr>
                        <td width=""><input name="ticketsubject" type="hidden" size="0" class="swifttextwide" id="ticketsubject" value="Bug and Web Request - " /></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
                    <tr>
                                            <font size="3"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;Please enter a brief general description of your request or inquiry<font color="red"> *</b></font><br />
                        <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top"><textarea name="ticketmessage" id="ticketmessage" cols="10" rows="5" class="swifttextareawide"><{$_ticketMessage}></textarea>
                            <{RenderTemplate name="customfields"}>
                        <div id="irscontainer" class="irscontainer"><div class="irsui"><div class="irstitle"><{$_language[irsloading]}></div></div></div></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <br />

Hoping this is an easy fix. IE compatibility view seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Thanks!
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

Try putting your text content within a div, e.g.

<font size="3"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;Please enter a brief general description of your request or inquiry<font color="red"> *</b></font><br />
    to

<div><font size="3"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;Please enter a brief general description of your request or inquiry<font color="red"> *</b></font><br /></div>

Gary
  3. cginest

cginest Established Member

That did the trick, thanks Gary!