1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

IMPEX Script

Discussion in 'LoginShare' started by Manpreet Singh, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Manpreet Singh

Manpreet Singh Kayako Staff

Hello,

The IMPEX system enables users to import the data from their existing help desk software to Kayako. It provides smooth and hassle free migration.

We have developed IMPEX scripts for the following help desk software:

- Cerberus Helpdesk versions 1, 2, 3 and 4 - import tickets, departments, agents, users, user groups and knowledgebase articles

- OTRS - import tickets, users and agents

- Zendesk - import tickets (issues), users, user groups (organizations) and departments (ticket groups)

- DeskPro - import tickets, departments, agents, users, user groups and knowledgebase articles

- Perldesk versions 1, 2, 3 and 4 - import tickets, departments, agents, users, user groups and knowledgebase articles

- SitePanel 3 - import tickets, departments, agents, users, user groups and knowledgebase articles

- SupportTrio - import tickets, departments, agents, users, knowledgebase and news articles

We invite our customers, to please let us know the software for which they would want the IMPEX system developed, and we will forward the request to our developers. All the requesters, please note that, to develop the IMPEX system, we will need the database schema being used by the respective software for which the IMPEX needs to be developed.

P.S. The most popular demands will be forwarded to the developers, for development.
  2. xps

xps New Member

saevenCRM

Hey,

please do a saevenCRM import - that would be great.
    If needed i will post the database schema to you.
  3. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I have 250+ articles from a Salesforce self-service KB that can be exported using a 3rd party app into a CSV file containing HTML (title and content).
    How can these articles be imported into Kayako?
    I am not concerned about category import as the articles will be reviewed/edited and re-assigned in Kayako once imported.
    I checked the Help file but did not find anything regarding simple CSV import. Can this be accomplished with some scripts?
    Thanks in advance for any guidance in this matter.
  4. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Hmm.. no way to do this? That seems kinda odd (and lame).
    How about paste the HTML content into the KB editor? What's the trick to that?
  5. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi masterctrl1,

Unfortunately there is no CSV import for KB articles on V4, not that I heard of.
    If you have an owned license you can import via database or manually copy paste the content in to the KB (that would take a lot of time).