1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.

Not planned Insta Alert for v4

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by ferrari, Dec 9, 2010.

1. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I don't understand why v4 users don't add notifications to their operators' phone addresses (text alert).
    Who doesn't have a smartphone?
    Alerts for new tickets or updates is virtually instantaneous. No desktop app needed and no waiting for a feature that may never get added.

2. JaxWeather

JaxWeather Member

Text alerts are far too intrusive and require taking you attention away from your computer screen while InstaAlert flashes an alert and sound on the computer you are working on.

They also must be turned on and off as you begin your shift and end it while InstaAlert is there on your computer whenever you are working...

Text alerts would be great for those that are not at a computer terminal all day but that does not apply to my Team.

-Bob

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  3. Ben in CA

Ben in CA Member

I would REALLY like to see InstaAlert work with version 4 of Kayako Resolve. I assumed the Destop program would do this - but it appears not. I just upgraded from version 3, and we're going to really miss InstaAlert... Can they release the source code and let us modify it? Even if they don't have the Pro version ready - just the desktop overlay link-equiped alerts were great.

4. Ben in CA

Ben in CA Member

Sure is.

5. astonproject

astonproject Member

Can someone explain the difference between Kayako Desktop and Kayako Notify app?

Also, is there a way to get on-screen notifications when a new ticket is created? (in a similar fashion as when a new user logs in, it "pops up" on the right side of the screen).

6. Ben in CA

Ben in CA Member

That was in reference to an earlier post, but I guess replying to it posted it at the end.

7. astonproject

astonproject Member

In my opinion, InstaAlert for V4 is not mandatory as long as we can have customizable desktop notifications i.e. small Ajax popups on the side of the screen to notify the staff member whenever: a ticket is created for him/her, one of his/her tickets is replied to, etc. etc.

8. cxtsupport

cxtsupport Established Member

9. Sambonim

Sambonim Member

Hello Kayako team,
    Do you have any news? We have 2 licenses one for v3(Great with Instalert) and v4, without Installert our staff need to check the tickets every time.

Regards!

10. MDeBaise

MDeBaise Established Member

Same here, we purchased 2 licenses in V3 of Instalert and when we upgraded was never told they would stop working.

I was also told... by a Kayako rep that even though we purchased them, if they released a newer version of the software for V4, we'd have to pay for it again... Just FYI.

11. StuartBrown

StuartBrown Member

This was apparently '75% done' nearly 3 years ago but still no InstaAlert for Kayako 4. Can we have an update please. - many of us really need this feature which was available in Kayako 3 but taken away.

12. Ben in CA

Ben in CA Member

I would REALLY like to have this again. We have had to comprimize and just have it send out new ticket alert emails to Outlook, but there can sometimes be a couple minute delay on that. If they developed an InstaAlert program for v. 4, or at LEAST a live AJAX alert with a sound notification. Our response times have dropped slightly as a result of the lack of InstaAlert.

13. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi folks

I have marked this as "Not planned" - we are shelving plans for an "InstaAlert" application (like we had in Kayako 3).

However, while a dedicated desktop application to notify you about new ticket updates is not planned, we are working on a much more comprehensive realtime notification system for all your devices.

It would also open up opportunities to build small notifier apps like what InstaAlert (for Kayako 3) used to do. Stay tuned