1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Intermittent error

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Eric13el, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Eric13el

Eric13el Member

Running Fusion V4.66.2

Just started receiving this intermittent error below. Recycle IIS and it goes away for about a day, then returns. Seems to re-occur more often as time goes by. On the latest PHP and am referencing the server not the loopback address in the config.php. Any ideas?

User Error
    Unable to connect to Database. Please verify the username, password, grant permissions and the database status. (D:/WebSites/KayakoFusion/__swift/library/class.SWIFT.php:16)

Thanks,
    Eric

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

The latest version of PHP is 7+, which is not compatible with Kayako Classic the last I'd heard.
    If you're on 7, I'm kind of surprised it's working.

3. Eric13el

Eric13el Member

True. They are still updating the 5 series. We are on 5.6.37. I should have been more clear. Thanks for the response though!

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Check if the database user has correct permissions. A lot of times I see this error when the MySQL times out and restarts itself. You might also want to check your MySQL settings.

5. bear

bear Kayako Guru

I agree it sounds like SQL (IIS likely runs that and not mySQL) isn't able to keep up after a while, but that's not likely to be permissions. If it was, it would never work.

If there are other sites on the server, it's likely too many are eating up all the connections/resources. If it's just your site, it may be the environment is underpowered and after a time the application(s) are not giving back the resources it's using and it chokes.