1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

iOS app does not completely support iOS8

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by supportskins, Sep 19, 2014.

1. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

I believe this needs to be updated as the Kayako iOS app does not completely support iOS 8. The swipe to delete a ticket or star it does not work. That is something I came across while using it. Replying and viewing ticket works fine.

Just a heads up for all those who are upgrading their iOS.

Edit: Staring a ticket works but it does not show up on the phone screen. Seems like a compatibility issue.

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Thanks Hiren - we're working on an update. One of the libraries we use for gestures fell out of date with iOS8!

3. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Thanks for the update Jamie :)

4. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

This morning got a email of new beta build and it says in notes it supports iOS 8 but after install it go to run it and it just shows the kayako splash screen then just kicks back to iOS home screen....

5. Jamie Edwards

Sorry for the issues as all - update due shortly

6. Ekansh

Ekansh New Member

Hi Steve,

We got details from HockeyApp that you are using iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0 installed.
    We checked it our end, the app is working fine.

I would suggest you to uninstall the app and reinstall the latest beta version from Hockey App.

Thanks,
    Ekansh Srivastava

7. sby

sby Established Member

Hi,

When is there are new update.
    So i can delete tickets on my iPhone 5s with IOS 8

8. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Just download the new update for the Kayako iOS from the AppStore. The new update does not work on iOS 7. It simply keeps crashing. You might want to check that. I have not tried it on iOS 8 just yet.

9. sby

sby Established Member

Hi,

I have download the new update and now i can delete tickets, great update nice interface changes.

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  10. Jamie Edwards

Please uninstall the app and install it again. Sorry for the teething issues!

11. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Uninstalling and re-installing the app fixed the issues in both iOS7 as well as iOS8.

12. Piyush Jain

Piyush Jain New Member

I would suggest you to uninstall app, and then install again its beta version correctly, this will solve your problem for sure. for more details visit: www.simpalm.com

13. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

This is a very old thread. The issue has been resolved.

14. Piyush Jain

Piyush Jain New Member