1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

iPhone SupportDesk v2.0 almost there....

Discussion in 'Apps' started by Marcel Trapman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

Hi JorceC,

Glad you like SupportDesk.
    Automatic sync is asked by many but not implemented because it would only work with SupportDesk running (as front application).
    That does not make much sense and, at the same time, could drain the battery too much.

Push notifications is on the list but that will be implemented once Kayako v4 is out. We need to create a module for that.

When you have further questions and/or feature requests you can use our helpdesk at IT2BE.net | Support

2. Marcel Trapman

Yesterday Apple approved v2.1 of SupportDesk for sale.

Release notes
    [new] In the settings panel you can now select to show the 'Owner' or the 'Creator' (default) in the ticket list
    [new] In the settings panel you can now set the ticket owner to 'Unchanged' (default) or 'Me' when sending a reply
    [new] In the Helpdesk settings you can now set the default reply status (you must have synchronized at least once to use this)
    [new] In the Helpdesk settings you can now tell SupportDesk to re-send actions when they could not be sent due to an unavailable connection
    [chg] Re-introduced the possibility to synchronize on startup (can be set through the settings panel)
    [chg] Improved synchronization progress feedback
    [chg] The url for a host is not set to lowercase anymore
    [chg] Improved support for sync request to helpdesk installations with wrong character encoding settings
    [fix] Corrected an issue with 'global' owners not showing up in the 'From' selector when creating a new ticket (available after new sync)
    [fix] When creating a new helpdesk after opening/editing/creating another one the old settings would show
    [fix] Fixed an issue (introduced in v2.0) where synchronizing tickets sometimes failed due to encoding errors

IMPORTANT: we have done our very best to solve the encoding issues that a small percentage of users experience. However the issue is a direct consequence of faulty database encoding/collation and db_encoding settings in the file /locale/en-us/en-us.php. They should be UTF-8. Be careful though and don't change your db settings without care and backup!

3. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

Live Support with iPhone app

I am sure you are waiting for V4 to come out. Is there any plans with your SupportDesk iphone app to have Live Support feature? This would be hugh asset.

4. Marcel Trapman

Oh yes, it will but I am currently working on iPad and a couple of improvements that make the app more stable and a little faster. Taking longer than I want though.

5. jacobcolton

jacobcolton Member

Hi,

I have just moved from the blackberry application to an iPhone and am using SupportDesk now, is there anyway of showing all the tickets that have not yet been replied to rather than having to go through each department? Is there also a way to show the newest replies at the top of the list rather than having to scroll through the whole ticket?

Thanks in advance.

Jacob

rickbrown likes this.
  6. Marcel Trapman

Hi Jacob,
    Can you please create a ticket for that in our Support system (IT2BE.net | Support)
    Sure, use the settings application and navigate to 'SupportDesk'.

7. jacobcolton

jacobcolton Member

No problem, ticket created. MOBILE #LSR-717692

8. Marcel Trapman

Thanks, a search is planned but I can not promise it for the upcoming 2 releases (1st is already uploaded to apple, 2nd is a massive rewrite and I would like to release it asap).
    Having said that I will do my best to include it asap...

9. jacobcolton

jacobcolton Member

Ok, is no way of having an "All" Department that takes in tickets from all the different departments as that would be great.

10. Marcel Trapman

Again, please create a ticket for that (and any other suggestion you have). To make sure it 'lands' in our memory :)

11. ItMan

ItMan New Member

UTF-8 Support

Hello!

Please add support UTF-8 to client.

If you need test access at eSupport, PM me.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Marcel Trapman

But that is already supported, the first update I believe.
    We have a wonderful helpdesk system for that type of questions :)

You should check the database table collation (encoding) and the locale/en-us/en-us.php file to check that the encoding is UTF-8

I know from my own experience that these settings are crucial!