Is it possible to use OnSite without chat session?

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop and Kayako OnSite' started by ozgurerdogan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ozgurerdogan

ozgurerdogan Member

It would be really really great if it is possible to use OnSite without chat session? Just like teamviewer. Because sometimes, we talk on the phone and assist clients to download single executebile file (Teamviewer), and connect to clients' pc. So creating is chat session is really unnecessary and time consuming.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

It isn't yet, but it will be in a matter of weeks :)
  3. ozgurerdogan

ozgurerdogan Member

4. ozgurerdogan

ozgurerdogan Member

Any news about this?
  5. Jamie Edwards

It's coming :)
  6. Great !! Looking forward for this update!
  7. James McCann

James McCann Established Member

Is this is next weeks release?
  8. Jamie Edwards

It will be in the next update, which is due very shortly (any week now)
  9. James McCann

excellent look forward to testing it :)
  10. Kelly Toner

Kelly Toner New Member

Jamie, is the new update available yet? This will be an awesome feature!
  11. James McCann

No sign of the update for Kayako! :( Was under the impression it was last week...
  12. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Kayako 4.50 was released 15/08 just No official announcement yet(or release notes yet). But no releas I desktop, onsite or mobile apps yet.
  13. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

Hi Jamie, this was one of the reason I was not really using OnSite. Well I have to admit that it never worked for me like until very recently when the Jingle protocol was integrated. Since then OnSite actually worked every time. But I also was wondering if there was a way to use it without a chat session, because its more useful for support and currently Kayako has a bug that the chat support (or any department) which requires users to be logged in will not display, even after users logged in.

This basically rendered in my case OnSite completely useless as I could not instruct someone on a ticket or email how to start a session unless they when to a Sales Chat which was annoying.

About the code or pass. I think it could be optional for a single reason that most people could be waiting for a session and someone else could log in. So I think a code can work in several ways where providers charge for support or remote sessions.

The OnSite works, its slow but it actually does work. I would not replace my current remote solutions with it, as its very basic so this leads to my next question. Is there anything new in terms of features that will be added to OnSite? besides the feature to be able to use without a chat session. Thanks
  14. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I think OnSite is slower because of screen updates. I think it would be plenty fast enough if scalable screen was implemented with reduced color depth.
    I don't think KD is going to work with 4.5.0.0 unless a new version of KD is released too.
  15. James McCann

Yes, my system was upgraded yesterday to 4.50.00 was hoping that the desktop app and onsite would be released around the same time.