Issue with SLA's

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Chris Bell, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Chris Bell

Chris Bell Established Member

Issue with SLA's

We're trying to get our SLA's sorted but hitting a wall

Each user is assigned a dept in this case the user is in a group 2 Hr Server 4 Hr Gen relating to their reponse time.

The SLA Plans 2 and 3 relate to this this user group

Plan 2 is 2Hr Server 4Hr Gen S ( reply deadline 2 Hrs, Criteria Ticket Dept=Server Faults AND User Group = 2 Hr Server 4 Hr Gen

Plan 3 Is 2Hr Server 4Hr Gen G (reply deadline 4 Hrs, Criteria User Group = 2 Hr Server 4 Hr Gen AND Ticket Dept=General OR Ticket Dept=Remote Support)

But Tickets being created always drop into general for assesment and the users in the group above shows the SLA plan as 2 and reply due as 2 hrs....

Any Ideas ?

Best,

Chris

2. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

I have found that mixing OR rules within the plans do not work.

V5 solves this matching problem significantly, even wrapping priority based rules into one (which I note from your sample you don't have anyway).

For V4 though, you are going to need a complex matrix of SLA plans. Specifying one per department.

We used a naming convention of:
    <Department> / <User Group> / <Priority> / <Status> <Optional other>

For example
    Product A / Premium PST / P1 / New
    Product A / Premium PST / P1 / Other

The rule criteria for the above two would be

Plan: Product A / Premium PST / P1 / New
    SLA Schedule: <Hours for PST>
    SLA Plan sort order: <X>
    Conditions:
    Ticket Department - Equal to - Product A
    User Group - Equal to - Premium PST
    Ticket Priority - Equal to - Priority 1
    Ticket Status - Equal to - Newly Opened

Plan: Product A / Premium PST / P1 / Other
    SLA Schedule: <Hours for PST>
    SLA Plan sort order: <X+1>
    Conditions:
    Ticket Department - Equal to - Product A
    User Group - Equal to - Premium PST
    Ticket Priority - Equal to - Priority 1

(Plan sort order is important, to ensure newly opened is matched before any other status)
    (We use the New / Other to determine first response (newly opened) versus other reply due times)

Your plans become explicit as a result, and numerous. It's very much depends on the complexity you need as to how many.

Because we do priority as well, we have 8 rules to cover a single department, for users under a single group. If you do not do it by priority, then you would need 2 per department per user group. Our complexity is further, with 5 user groups, so 8 rules x 5 groups x 8 departments just on non-exception driven rules.

I am in the process of reducing those 320+ rules to ~60 rules (mostly by dropping the department level). We achieved this through standardising most of our SLAs and having the same first response times across all our products (this also helped from a development and legal perspective, not just one of Kayako management). We still have a select few others, but these are the exceptions and

Chris Bell likes this.
  3. Chris Bell

Thanks Phil - will give that a try

4. Chris Bell

This still doesn't appear to be working.

Have 3 user (groups)

1Hr

2Hr Server 4Hr Gen

2Hr Server 8 Hr Gen

We have 3 Queues for the different faults (Departments)

General

Remote

Server

So I've created 7 SAL Plans

UserGroup = 2Hr Server 8 Hr Gen AND Ticket Dept = General Then Apply SLA 2Hr Server 8Hr Gen G with an 8 Hr Reply Deadline
    UserGroup = 2Hr Server 8 Hr Gen AND Ticket Dept = Remote Then Apply SLA 2Hr Server 8Hr Gen R with an 8 Hr Reply Deadline
    UserGroup = 2Hr Server 8 Hr Gen AND Ticket Dept = Server Then Apply SLA 2Hr Server 8Hr Gen S with an 2 Hr Reply Deadline

Same again for the 2hr / 4Hr

Yet constantly I get faults in the Remote Queue with the SLA plan 2Hr Server 8Hr Gen S instead of R on a 2 Hr Reply rather than 8Hr as it should be.

5. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Can you provide a screen cap of the 2Hr S & R SLA Plans at all?

Can you confirm if your SLA plan conditions are specified as AND or OR rules? (the screen caps should help). They should be AND.

You do have the Plan enabled?

I suspect you have the OR set as a likely cause and the Order value of the S plan is lower than the Order value for the R plan (and lower than the G plan fore that matter). This circumstance would produce this problem.