1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Jira-Kayako Module for V4 by Dewak

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi everyone,

In the past couple weeks we have been working really hard on developing a Jira-Kayako module for V4. The module is still on beta stage so we invite you to play with it and send us your comments and opinions :).

Pushing a ticket to JIRA:
    1. Login to the Staff CP and create a new ticket. Leave the JIRA issue ID field EMPTY!

1.jpg

2. After the ticket is created click on the "JIRA-Kayako" tab. Select the "JIRA Project", "Issue Type" and the "Issue Priority", to finish click on "Update".

2.jpg

3. The module will now push the ticket to JIRA and you should see this confirmation message "Issue created in JIRA successfully".

3.jpg

4. If you click again on the "JIRA-Kayako" tab you should see this message "Ticket already pushed to JIRA"

4.jpg

5. Login to JIRA and you will see the new issue has been created.

5.jpg

Syncing a Kayako tickets and JIRA issues:
    6. After a ticket has been pushed the module will automatically sync the JIRA comments and Kayako staff replies posts. This process is performed with a cron job every X minutes but for testing purposes in this demo you can execute it manually by typing this URL on your browser http://dev.dewak.com/clients/kayako_jira/index.php?/jira_plugin/JiraCron/Sync/

7. If you create a comment in JIRA the module will replicate it as a Kayako ticket note.

6.jpg

8. If the staff posts a reply in Kayako the module will replicate it as a JIRA comment.

7.jpg

9. The module stops syncing when the JIRA issue is closed.

JIRA URL
    http://dev.dewak.com:8088/secure/Dashboard.jspa
    user: kayako
    pass: kayako

Kayako URL
    http://dev.dewak.com/clients/kayako_jira/staff
    user: jira
    pass: abcd1234

Please be patient if the demo server is a bit sluggish, JIRA requires a lot of resources. Feel free to create tickets and issues and please post your comments and suggestions here or send us an email to info@dewak.com

Thanks!

Jamie Edwards and garyGBM like this.
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

That looks pretty sweet! You might even get kayako buying this one ;)

Talking of buying, any idea on pricing or is it still too early in the process?

Gary

3. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Gary,

Thanks for such nice comments, the module is still on an early process but the price will be USD 99.99 and includes support and free renewals for 12 months. Once the module is stable we will offer a 30 day free trial too.

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Roman,

Please send me an email so we can discuss the Redmine integration on a separate thread. Thanks!

5. pabloaugusto

pabloaugusto Established Member

Hi Dewak, How can i test and buy this module? Its very useful to me =).
    By the way, have you a login share to jira (or confluence/crowd) with kayako?

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Pablo Augusto,

Thanks for your interest in this module. Please send me an email to andres [at] dewak.com with your contact information and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

7. misty petralia

misty petralia New Member

what version of kayako are you using?

8. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Misty,

The demo is working with Kayako 4.01.240 but if you need a different version we can update it. Please send me an email to andres[at]dewak.com for more info.

9. iamsteve

iamsteve Member

Hello,

I emailed you yesterday about getting this Jira Plugin for my organization. I need it for version 4.01.325 but I did not hear back. We are very interested in trying it and buying it if it meets our needs for communicating with Jira - Thanks!

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Steve,

I'll check mailbox again and get back to you later today.

11. Subodh

Subodh New Member

We are very much interested in Jira-Kayako module and would like to try if possible. We are using 4.30.649 version.

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Subodh,

We were expecting to release the module on this season but the sequential Kayako updates and a delay on our side made it impossible. We expect to have it ready on January 2012, we will keep you posted.

13. Vladimir Avrov

Vladimir Avrov New Member

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in testing and purchasing the Jira-Kayako module. I'm running 4.30.750 version at the moment, could someone assist me?

Thank you.

Best.

14. Nils Peuser

Nils Peuser New Member

Dear Andres,

This seems to be a very good tool, if it lives up to its promises. I hope you will let everyone know about the release, and also have it linked on the Kayako Forge :)

Best wishes

15. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Nils and Vladimir,

We are delayed on the release of this module, we hope to have it ready by the end of the month.
    It will be a paid module so it won't be included at Kayako forge.

16. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I thought Kayako Forge was a place to market plug-ins, free or otherwise.

17. Nils Peuser

Nils Peuser New Member

That's what I thought as well, cause I think I recall various commercial plugins on the Forge page. Putting it on the forge would definitely increase your reach.

18. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Nils, as far as I know Forge is only for free, community shared products, apps an add-ons.

19. Nils Peuser

Nils Peuser New Member

The Breincoach products are commercial and offered on the Forge as well.