1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Jira-Kayako Module for V4 by Dewak

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

Please contact me when this is available for sale. We use JIRA actively and this would be a great addition.

2. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

3. Sufian Reiter

Sufian Reiter New Member

Hey, I am currently reviewing your plugin and I have a minor requests. In Kayako, the Jira Issue ID should be a link that opens a new window and leads you directly to the issue in Jira.

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thank you Sufian, we will add this feature request to the next update.

5. jcorreia

jcorreia Established Member

Hi,
    great work. We will definitely buy this one when the time comes.

6. jcorreia

jcorreia Established Member

Hi,
    I have a request, if it does not already have it.
    He have a couple of departments, each one having different jira instances. Is it possible to sync more than one jira url ?

Thanks

7. Jorg Vloet

Jorg Vloet New Member

Great app for kayako we are using it some time now and realy liking it.

I have got some suggestions
    • Possibility to configure some custom fields to posted to Jira
    • Possibility to configure default jira Project base on Kayako department
    • Auto close ticket if Jira issue has been closed
    • Really desirable is the option for choosing fix version
    The only thing I would like to say next is, Keep up the good work...

8. thinker

thinker New Member

Hi,

I work in a company where we use Kayako Fusion 4.50.1636 and Jira.... So we are evaluating this plugin.

Allready made the whole instalation and it went good... the thing is, when in a ticket I hit the button "JIRA-Kayako" it doesnt seen to do anything.

On the Apache logs I got this:

"==> error_log <==
    [Wed Jan 23 16:17:01 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /XXXX/html/__apps/jira_plugin/library/SOAP/class.SWIFT_SOAP_Connector.php on line 74, referer: http://HOST.com/staff/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/3386/inbox/-1/-1/-1
    "

Of course I tried to look the file "class.SWIFT_SOAP_Connector.php" but as you know is encrypted xD.... I allready made the instalation of ionCube and it seems to work.

Any idea? if the trial doesn't work, there is nothing to buy :(

9. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

10. thinker

thinker New Member

Done!!!! that was it...tahnks

11. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

12. Xavi

Xavi Member

Hi,

We-re evaluating jira plugin on Kayako Fusion 4.50.1636 and Jira 5.... Allready configured side Kayako, and also side JIRA. The thing is, when in a Kayako ticket I hit UPDATE, it returns: / verify bad user assertTextPresent("The reporter specified is not a user.");

With the same user used in Kayako, I can manually create a issue on JIRA, even making this user as a reporter. The user is member of jira-users

Any idea?

best regards,

Xavier.

13. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Xavier,

We fixed this error on the latest release of Kayako Plugin for JIRA. Please upgrade Kayako to 4.52.XXXX, download the latest version of the plugin and replace the files (do not reinstall, simple replace the files).

This problem was reported on JIRA 5 users after an update they performed to their software.

14. saththiyan

saththiyan New Member

Hey Dewak,

I have a problem in pushing notes to Jira from Kayako and back... i can push by clicking the button in the kayako , but when i put notes in Jira its not updating in Kayako, also Note in kayako not updating to Jira.

Can you please help me out..

Satchi

15. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Satchi,

One of our engineers is looking at your ticket. In the meantime, please take into account that notes are no longer synchronized in this plugin and JIRA now syncs with private replies. Please update our team via our help desk. Your ticket # is 18009

16. saththiyan

saththiyan New Member

Hey,

When i run the following URL its updating from JIRA to KAYAKO, but our main requirement is KAYAKO to JIRA as well. Since our Support Engineers updates in KAYAKO that should go to Developers in JIRA as well.

How can we use this facility , if not available what is the alternative.

Satchi

17. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks Satchi, the comments and private posts are updated in both ways. Something must be not properly configured.
    Our developers are managing your case on ticket 18009, it is not necessary to post updates here.

18. Jens Klöcker

Jens Klöcker New Member

Hi,

we are just considering to buy this module. We are using Resolve 4.57 and Jira 6.0.4. Is this plugin compatible with this versions?

19. Chris Plapp

I am running 4.53.2633 and this works perfectly fine for us.

20. Chris Plapp

make sure you disable the automatic watching in JIRA for the user account you tie to this app or you will end up with extra tickets created from the JIRA auto-response emails back to Kayako.