Kayako 4 & WHMCS Integration

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by aiso, Apr 26, 2011.

1. cyberneticos

cyberneticos Reputed Member

Hello,

It's been a while since I haven't used this module. I had to stop using it because of all the bugs it had. I see there is a paid version which is great. Can anyone who's been using the last version tell me how it's working, and what things are not fixed yet? Thank you.
  2. AndyW

AndyW Established Member

We have installed the latest paid version with latest whmcs and kayako 4 build. Working fine. "SSO" is missed especially as KB still loads from kayako interface, but then they never said they have SSO. Net result - Module delivering what has been stated.

3. cyberneticos

Just purchased the script, Getting same ole error from months back

ACCOUNT NOT FOUND

Sent in a ticket, no response yet. Ticket ID 194
    Bummer.
  4. cyberneticos

Ok figured out the problem. It's the limit on records returned by kayako's API. I've already reported this a long time ago. No one has more than 1000 customers here ????

Anyone have a workaround for this ? Frustrating
  5. cyberneticos

aiso insists on it being a config problem, like usual. Anyone have a workaround for this ? I can load users with ids under 1000 perfectly. Any customer over 1000 this script does not work. It's been like this since I've known the software. It's a limitation of the API, so I don't understand how he sells this and then it doesn't work.
  6. cyberneticos

I'm also concerned about the security of this integration. Why does aiso-Kayako-license.dat have to be world-readable? I can go to anyone's company that uses this integration and copy the info in that dat file, anytime.

What kind of penetration testing has been done ? SQL injection safe?
  7. cyberneticos

Seems like it was a problem on one of my DB entries was corrupted that kept the results from coming back fully. (only coming back up until it got to the corrupted email address). So for now I have to apologize to AISO from bashing his script. If I find any more errors, I will post em. It's important to share what fixes our problems. Perhaps aiso can write something up for cases where email address has a carriage return (from a bad old import).

Sorry again for thinking it was the script's fault!
  8. cyberneticos

Still concerned about security, would be great if AISO shares with us that he's made this with tight security in mind. Specially with how it interacts with WHMCS. Another recomendation would be to allow to change paths to some files , like the dat file and config perhaps. Just some food for thought. Can't be playing around with unsecure scripts nowadays.
  9. Karl2020

Karl2020 New Member

Do you know if its possible to use the module where WHMCS is on one server, and Kayako on a separate server?

Both on separate sub domains?
  10. cyberneticos

Yes, totally. There' no problem. Maybe sure the certificate you use to export is the kayako one.
  11. aiso

aiso Reputed Member

Did you try settings either one of these to True in the config:

$mblnDisableKayakoEmailExistsOnChangeCheck = False;
    $mblnDisableKayakoEmailExistsOnRegisterCheck = False;
  12. aiso

aiso Reputed Member

Yes
  13. zekairy

zekairy New Member

Hello
    We have purchased Kayako version 4
    then we have integrated WHMCS with Kayako successfully as it shown here:
    http://docs.whmcs.com/Kayako
    and after that we found the kayako module located in the support module of the WHMCS

and also when we activate this module it works properly i.e when the client login WHMCS and open a ticket we can see it in Kayako
    BUT we face the following problems:
    1- We cannot see client's services in kayako
    i.e the original services located for every client in WHMCS we cant find it in Kayako and so we cant modify services recorded from WHMCS and see it modified in kayako !
    I need to modify client's records in WHMCS and see it automatically modified in Kayako so that when the client opens a new ticket I want to see all his services located on the top of every ticket

2- The interface the customers see is the WHMCS interface; while we need the client to be redirected to Kayako's interface
    3- The clients will not be able to see old tickets (History)

so we paid for heapsoftware.com support to solve these problems to us
    I opened a ticket to the heapsoftware.com support but they didn't help and they have a weak support and unhelpful at all
    so plz help
  14. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

Changelog says:
    - Updated: Added ability to have drop down of WHMCS services client has in customer custom field variable for ticket appending.

But i've upgraded and dont see any drop down?
  15. WireNine

WireNine Established Member

I think you may have to create the custom fields and set it up, nothing in the manual regarding this?
  16. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

I was thinking the same - but with what values I wonder? :p
    An update to the manual is deffo required :)
  17. WireNine

WireNine Established Member

Has anyone else experienced issues showing customer ticket history in WHMCS? None of the open tickets show up in WHMCS, when a customer submits a new ticket, their ticket list is always showing 0 Open tickets when viewing tickets?

Edit: Got a reply minutes after I posted this. Some variables in the settings file needed to be edited since we use custom ticket statuses

$mstrOpenTicketStatuses = "New,On Hold,Awaiting Reply";
    $mstrNewTicketStatus = "New";
  18. cyberneticos

Yep, I am having the same issue, but I haven't tried the new version of the integration yet. Right now, my closed tickets are not showing, despite that I haave the Closed status in the mstrOpenTicketStatusesvariable. Going to try the new version.
  19. cyberneticos

Ok, confirmed, this version of the integration is not working with WHMCS 5.2.1 , Like WireNine has commented, it's not showing any tickets at all.
  20. cenourinha

cenourinha New Member