1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Kayako authentication by email using LDAP

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by adimitrov, Dec 15, 2017.

1. adimitrov

adimitrov New Member

Hello Team ,

We have been using kayako for long time now. We want our end users to be able to login with their email addresses (not usernames). Is this possible and if yes is there a manual that i can follow to configure it?

P. S. If the parameter:

define('KAYAKO_LDAP_STRIP_EMAIL', true);

is set in config.php file it is possible for customer to login with the email address, but obviously fail if the username is different than the email address.

Working example: if the username is "test" and the email address is "test@example.com" the login works as kayako strips @example.com. Anyway if i login with the username and create a ticket or something. Logout and than login with the email address i cannot see the ticket (like it is another user).

NOT working example: if the username is "ttest" and the email address is "test@example.com" the login doesn't work as the kayako strips example.com and "test" is left which is different than "ttest".