1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Kayako Changes Usergroup on Login via LoginShare

Discussion in 'LoginShare' started by Andriy Kharkovyy, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Andriy Kharkovyy

Andriy Kharkovyy New Member

Hello, i have worked on this for several month now off and on but cannot seem to get this working properly, nor is there a clear set of instructions anywhere how to do this.

Here's whats happening. I authenticate against our AD server and users can login just fine. However, i have created different sets of User Groups inside Kayako to provide access to different KB sections for example, but when user logs in to Kayako the usergroup is changed back to "registered" from whatever it was set before.
    Can someone share how they work around this issue?
    Thank you!

2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Andriy,

Which AD authentication script are you using?

Are there settings in the script that put users into the Registered Group?

3. Andriy Kharkovyy

Andriy Kharkovyy New Member

I use PHP AD LDAP Authenticator from here ( https://forge.kayako.com/projects/ad-ldap-authenticator )

I believe there are settings in the script but honestly there is very little documentation to get it configured properly. About the only thing that i have customized from that script is the server settings so that we actually authenticate but i couldn't figure out how to customize it further.

4. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

5. Hi!
    there's a way to leave the user in the group assigned when was already logged? each time than they logging back to "Registered"

Regards