1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Kayako Classic 4.92.5 / 4.92.6.

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by MvdL79, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Our Kayako support license ended 2 weeks ago, however our current Kayako Classic license will never expire (according to the license details).

Now I wanted to update our Kayako Classic to version 4.92.5 or 4.92.6.
    ...however, if I want to download this version, I have to renew our license for 1800 USD?!

This is a bit absurd imho for only a download. Can someone send me a download link for either version in a private message please. Thank you!

Regards

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

That would be against the Kayako terms and illegal to do so. Bad enough what they'd done with the product, but this is wrong.
    I'm several versions behind (unlimited, no less, or at least was before they made the changes) and missing something in it I'd like to have, but would never ask someone to send me a version I wasn't entitled to.

To clarify, the last version you paid for won't expire (until they change that as well).

3. Ana Vukina

Ana Vukina Staff Member

Alas, even if you get the build in question, the license key will show version mismatch if it expired before the version was released and you will have to downgrade back to your previous version. I suggest you reaching out to us at support.kayako.com - we will be happy to help you renew your license.

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

At extremely high rates.

MvdL79 likes this.
  5. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Thank you for the information.

I noticed that in the versions from 4.90 the interface completely changed.
    See: https://classic.kayako.com/article/1481-exciting-improvements-in-kayako-classic-4-90-release-notes

I don't like this new interface. Is it still possible *if* we decide to upgrade to keep using the old interface.
    Or is this only possible with 4.80.2?

Furthermore; how serious should we take this forum? As spammers keep posting crap here?
    If we pay a ton of money for extending our license, we can at least expect a clean forum ofcourse.

Also apparently real questions are ignored completely unfortunately: http://forums.kayako.com/threads/ov...wssubscribers-cleaning-non-isvalidated.47293/

Regards

6. bear

bear Kayako Guru

The forum is all but abandoned as far as keeping it clean (but Xenforo has terrible spam and admin tools, so it's not surprising they'd give up).
    As far as supporting owned license holders, that's mostly also been dropped here, though you will see an occasional staff member drop in to help someone, *if* they hold a current license or are considering buying a subscription. They seem to feel all support should be done through the support system, so they can help those that still pay without helping us "freeloaders" that lost so much in the license/pricing changes.

They don't care much about you and me. Unless you're paying the new price (see below). :(