1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Kayako Classic won´t get any development and new features any more!

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by weber-ebusiness, Aug 6, 2018.

1. jacksony

jacksony Member

Hi,

Reply from them:

I touched base with our marketing team and they have updated the article. Basically the change we are implementing impacts only legacy perpetual customers who wont be entitled to new features and upgrades.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please accept an apology for the missunderstanding.

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

What is a "legacy perpetual customer"? Is that someone that owned it before they changed to the huge price increase, and does not affect those that paid the giant fee ($11,499, I believe) to get it for the first time after the announcement? Just trying to determine if it was covering all download versions, or just punishing the folks that loyally kept up with licenses prior to the major shift in licensing/pricing.

3. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

That clarification does not make any sense!