1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Kayako Desktop on Linux/Mac OS X using Wine/CrossOver

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by Satinderjit Singh, Jun 3, 2011.

?

On Which platform you wish to use Kayako Desktop

1. Windows

13.2%
  2. Linux

37.4%
  3. Mac OS X

68.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. malik_sopa

malik_sopa New Member

Good afternoon. Faced with this problem. I is running ubuntu 10.10, this program is slow, and does not display a list of chatters, despite the fact that I see on the computer with installed operating system windows 7. Maybe I need to deliver the wine itself or anything else, please help

2. malik_sopa

malik_sopa New Member

Good afternoon. Faced with this problem. I is running ubuntu 10.10, this program is slow, and does not display a list of chatters, despite the fact that I see on the computer with installed operating system windows 7. Maybe I need to deliver the wine itself or anything else, please help

3. Can't comment for Ubuntu 10.10. Try setting the refresh time in KD settings, and check if you still face the same issue, or refresh manually from KD ribbon. Could you please confirm, if you have tried and face the same issue with any latest version of Linux ?

4. malik_sopa

malik_sopa New Member

it's work ubuntu 10.10

5. I'm glad to know it's working for you on Ubuntu 10.10!

If you troubleshooted something different than steps provided in 'README.txt' file to make it work on Ubuntu 10.10, then it would be great if you share your experience here. It may help others too.

6. CyberHostPro

CyberHostPro Member

Hi

Any news on getting one for OSX?

7. XN-Matt

XN-Matt Reputed Member

Try it with Crossover - works perfectly.

8. CyberHostPro

CyberHostPro Member

9. XN-Matt

XN-Matt Reputed Member

I didn't follow any of that.

Download CrossOver
    Download Kayako app

Install both and done. Works great.

10. CyberHostPro

CyberHostPro Member

Hi
    when i try this on OSX Lion it fails on 100% installation (creating uninstaller).

11. XN-Matt

XN-Matt Reputed Member

Not sure what to advise, sorry.

Works here fine on Lion and Snow Leopard with CrossOver and the latest installer. (In fact, works much better than in Parallels).

[​IMG]

12. XN-Matt

XN-Matt Reputed Member

Here's a thought. If Kayako give a nod, I can package up a bottle with it all installed and upload it somewhere.

13. Pedro Reis

Pedro Reis Established Member

Hi testing on ubuntu 11.04 64 bits.
    Im logged under Windows, my colleague under 11.04 64 bits - his user does not appear in the staff listing (look at the image)

Attached Files:

14. Erik

Erik Established Member

I'm also holding out for the native Mac client. Right now I have to shell out $$ to use the competition which is native on the Mac. I'll invest in whatever venture to get the Mac version rolling.

15. Paul Baranowski

Paul Baranowski New Member

I have this working on Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 64 bit. Thank you very much for putting in the effort to get this working, it is much appreciated. The chat notifications are also working - I get a popup when there is someone waiting to chat with a customer support person.

My question: how do we upgrade to the latest version of Kayako Desktop?

16. Morgan Cox

Morgan Cox New Member

Hi.

Thanks for your efforts - confirmed working in Arch linux (64bit), Ubuntu 11.10 and Mint 12...

One issue I had with your pre-built packages was no alert sounds. When I installed manually I have sound though, I can also run the latest version..

Here is what I did to get it installed manually, I hope this helps someone:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Install wine - I used the latest version from winehq.org

- First ensure there are no running wine process - kill them if there are

In this example I shall install to /home/morgan/kayako - please ensure you update the paths!

(assuming your using 64bit multilib version of wine )

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako winecfg

- check sound is working in the winecfg program.

Install the following with winetricks

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako/ winetricks riched20 riched30 secur32 msscript msxml3 xmllite msscript ie8 vcrun2008 corefonts tahoma crypt32 comdlg32ocx richtx32 gdiplus

- I had to re-run this command several times to complete - you will know when you have everything as you see everthing being skipped - there is no harm to re-run the command:-

When you have all you will see someone like the following when you run it:-

--------------------------------------------

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako/ winetricks riched20 riched30 secur32 msscript msxml3 xmllite msscript ie8 vcrun2008 corefonts tahoma crypt32 comdlg32ocx richtx32

Executing w_do_call riched20
    riched20 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call riched30
    riched30 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call secur32
    secur32 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call msscript
    msscript already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call msxml3
    msxml3 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call xmllite
    xmllite already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call msscript
    msscript already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call ie8
    ie8 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call vcrun2008
    vcrun2008 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call corefonts
    corefonts already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call tahoma
    tahoma already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call crypt32
    crypt32 already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call comdlg32ocx
    comdlg32ocx already installed, skipping
    Executing w_do_call richtx32
    richtx32 already installed, skipping

--------------------------------------------

Now install with

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako/ wine /path/to/windows/exe

i.e :-

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako/ wine /home/morgan/KayakoDesktop_4.1.0.602-STABLE.exe

then to run program:-

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/morgan/kayako/ wine /home/morgan/kayako/drive_c/Program\ Files/Kayako/Desktop/KayakoDesktop.exe
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

17. Morgan Cox

Morgan Cox New Member

I managed to update the pre-built version with (change paths...)

env WINEPREFIX=~/.kayakodesktop/.wine bin/wine /home/morgan/KayakoDesktop_4.1.0.602-STABLE\[0\].exe

- however I would advise installing manually (see above post)

18. Thanks Morgan for testing my packages on different platforms and sharing your troubleshooting experience. Much appreciated.

@Paul: You can also execute the command 'kdupdate' from SHELL to update Kayako Desktop to latest build.

19. Marc P Summers

Marc P Summers New Member

I really need the chat client on a mac too - will look at crossover - never heard of that.

20. Marc P Summers

Marc P Summers New Member

Can't get it to work with crossover - it installs - and goes through set-up wizard - but when you open it it just closes.

What dependencies do I need to install?

Anyone got a working 'bottle' they can package up?