1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Kayako Help Desk slow and hangs at times

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Matthew Holko, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Matthew Holko

Matthew Holko Established Member

Hello,
    Just hoping I could get some help with my Kayako help desk.
    It has been working perfectly since we installed it a few years back. Until last week when it began randomly hanging, becomes very slow and unresponsive. I can view the CPU on the server when this is happening and CPU resources are hitting 100%. Mainly the mysqld.exe process is running up the top of the list. It will later go back to normal where users can access the site but then later stop again. Clicking on tickets and trying to view them will just hang and take forever to load when this is happening.
    I’ve given the VM server that this is sitting on a couple more CPUs but I can still see it max out to 100% at times and stop.
    Just wondering if there is something I can do to stop this or what to check? Should we be somehow archiving the database or making it smaller?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

How big is your database? Have you checked what MySQL processes are running when it hits 100% usage?

3. Matthew Holko

Matthew Holko Established Member

Thanks for your reply :)
    The size of the database is 628 MB

At one stage when the system was hanging I managed to get this. Looks like it couldn't even get a connection at one stage.

mysql> SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
    ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
    No connection. Trying to reconnect...
    Connection id: 37498
    Current database: *** NONE ***
    +-------+------+-----------------+------+---------+------+-------+--------------
    ---------+
    | Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info
    |
    +-------+------+-----------------+------+---------+------+-------+--------------
    ---------+
    | 37498 | root | localhost:53454 | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | SHOW FULL PRO
    CESSLIST |
    ---------+
    1 row in set (1.03 sec)
    mysql> SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
    +-------+----------------+-----------------+------------------+---------+------+
    ----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------+
    | Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time |
    State | Info
    |
    +-------+----------------+-----------------+------------------+---------+------+
    ----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 37498 | root | localhost:53454 | NULL | Query | 0 |
    NULL | SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST
    |
    | 37646 | kayako_user001 | localhost:53763 | kayako_fusion001 | Query | 2 |
    Updating | UPDATE swticketauditlogs SET creatorfullname='Chen Huang' WHERE crea
    torid = '142' AND creatortype = '1' |
    | 37661 | kayako_user001 | localhost:51941 | kayako_fusion001 | Sleep | 0 |
    | NULL
    |
    3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

628MB is not too big a database. The issue might be due to improper MySQL settings. Try and Google for "MySQL server has gone away". Also enable log slow query to see what is slowing down your MySQL in my.cnf.