Not planned Kayako Mobile for end user

Discussion in 'New ideas, bigger features' started by MDeBaise, Sep 21, 2011.

1. MDeBaise

MDeBaise Established Member

Is there any thought on expanding the mobile app for end users? It would be nice for my clients to send support request, view existing tickets, etc through a variation of this mobile app.

I will say that for this beta, it's been working, and working well and we love it. Nice job. I would also recommend going to the next level with the mobile app and allow it to alert you from the app on your device that there is a new ticket available!

Thanks again, and job well done folks!

Javier Alcivar likes this.
  2. FrankSmith

FrankSmith Established Member

+1
    We would be interested in the same - The enduser app would need to be able to store the end users details (logon) so that they basically enter the ticket details and press a button. This would put Kayako strides ahead of the competition and benefit all of us who have a fixed (registered only) customer bas.

Brilliant idea!

Frank

3. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

We are working on a very good web-based interface for the client end, rather than an app. We should be out with it soon :)

4. MDeBaise

I think a phone/device app (Android/iPhone/iPad, etc) would be more beneficial than a web-based interface considering the amount of focus and popularity in the mobile app development and with the face a client can get on the internet now to submit tickets.

If I wanted to develop it on my own, are there developer tools provided by Kayako to do this?

Thanks.

5. Jamie Edwards

alvaro.madrid likes this.
  6. The more options a client has to reach a vendor, the better. A good way for the app to differentiate from the web option would be by integrating tightly with platform especific features, by making good use of notifications such as receiving a notification when a support agent is avaliable and chat within the app.

The one click ticket even sounds like a great tag line Frank.
    Ive got lots of love for both implementations, since Native apps are all about interaction speed and notification awareness, having the quickest way to input a ticket. While the web based client gives users the broadest reach across devices.

So count me in for the beta for testing or graphic design if you need help with the assets or interface wireframing.

7. alexparker

alexparker Member

Hello,
    As of now Kayako Mobile is for Staff panel only. Are there any plans to develop a mobile app for the end user as well ?

Regards
    Alex Partker

8. Jamie Edwards

Hi Alex

We are working on a jQuery Mobile-powered web interface for customers. It will be released soon :)

9. alexparker

alexparker Member

Hi Jamie Edwards,

I hope you are doing well, Any update on Kayako jQuery Mobile-powered web interface ?

Regards
    Alex Partker

10. Chris Fancy

Chris Fancy New Member

Perhaps we could use the existing Andriod App but have a parameter to set use by end user...
    With default details on were to send the ticket preset... two buttons, "My Tickets" and "New Ticket"
    Just add the ticket details and one click to submit... simple... :)

Perhaps Branding too..! :)

MDeBaise likes this.
  11. MDeBaise

Chris.... I like it. Doesn't seem like it would take too much to do. I imagine the interface would need to change as you suggested but I think this would be a pretty simple change/addition to the app that's already been written and in use.

12. fmorar

fmorar New Member

Hello, i found a nice app here,
    http://look.io/#chat-anywhere
    and since we dont have a fusion app like that here comes the question : did anyone tried to do that type of integration?

Thank you

13. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

+1 I would rather have a app then a web page... especially now and days with metered/tier data plans... with app most everything is static/built into app and just loads the actual ticket contents....

as with a web based thing every thing is loaded each time there by using up valuable data...

So I for one am for a actual app and then would like to see it offered in a free version thats called says Kayako Client and user has to enter help desk url, username, password... Then would like to see a Branded version thats customized with our logo would be our name and put under our own developer account and then it has the url built in to app so only connects to our help desk so just asks them for their username/password.

14. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

+1 -- cool idea!

15. Jamie Edwards

We've actually already got that on our ideas list - it's a good one :)

16. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 Kayako Guru

cool and for suggesting it I should get branded version for free :)

17. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

I think the Mobile App is something completely different vs the web based interface. And Kayako should have both.

First of all. The Android, iPhone or Windows Phone app, is not for end customers. Its for Staff, Tech or Admins.

Customers cannot do anything from their mobile phones right now because there is no mobile web interface.

Jamie said "jQuery Mobile-powered web interface for customers"

So Jamie, any news about this?

This is the most requested mobile feature my customers ask. They desperate need a mobile interface to send tickets, check or update current tickets.

This can be easily create with a new template optimized for phones. I don´t even ask something fancy like having access to all Kayako features, but at least let customers search the knowledge base, view tickets and send new support requests.

This is really an important feature since Jamie posted that 2011 I think the feature is mainly forgotten by know. If someone is willing to make a mobile interface for end customers for Kayako I think it would be sell very well because honestly I don´t think Kayako will release this any time soon and support on the go is very important for customers.

18. James McCann

James McCann Established Member

+1 for the app :)

19. alex-alex

alex-alex New Member

I'm also waiting mobile web version for my customer users. How long time waiting?

20. alvaro.madrid

alvaro.madrid Established Member

Yeah Jamie !!! Responsive web design it's an issue that you should fix it ASAP. Zendesk has already this feature, and it's very usefully. Do you have any idea when will it be ready?

Best ;)

Javier Alcivar likes this.