Kayako Mobile for iOS discussion

Discussion in 'Kayako Mobile' started by jlane, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlane

jlane Member

Agreed, I'd happily pay for it as long as it happens relatively soon!
  2. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

The app will be universal and will be completely free to Kayako customers :)

- Varun
  3. dandanfireman

dandanfireman Member

I just wanted to chime in on this thread as well and comment on how crucial either an iPad app or API allowing IT2BE to update their app is. All of our staff uses iPads to keep up with tickets when away from the office. I was ready to forge ahead with a 4.x update today, however, without mobile support. I will need to wait. Can you atleast release the API to allow 3rd party devs to do their update?
  4. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

FYI it is the IT2BE guys that are working on the official kayako application, we are working closely with them on this and things are moving out smoothly.

We know the importance of this and its our top priority.
  5. jlane

jlane Member

That's great new Varun, we are really looking forward to it!
  6. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

Hi All,

Apologies for missing the last posts on this thread. I did not notice that my RSS feed was dead after Kayako moved the forum :(

To add to what Varun said. We are moving quite nicely with Kayako Mobile as well as our own app SupportDesk.

Once the API for v4 is ready we will be able to go fast but we need some time to finish and polish both apps.

BTW Kayako Mobile will be universal!

Cheers,

Marcel
  7. hamish

hamish Established Member

I thought the api was now released for v4
  8. Marcel Trapman

You are not the only one but the answer is still no...
    hamish likes this.
  9. hamish

hamish Established Member

This is a little worrying as a developer like us you must be getting bombarded with emails asking when your app is going to be updated. in most of the messages i can see it says iphone app will be Q4 2010/Q1 2010.

I am sure that with the api not complete it will be more than a few weeks for the hoards of us that rely on the iphone app can we have a realistic date of when we are likely to receive this. after all theres no point in even moving over if you cant check your tickets on the go.
  10. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

The API is being finished alongside the apps. We're not giving an ETA out, but it isn't a long time off.
  11. rkoebrugge

rkoebrugge Member

What is the difference between Kayako Mobile and SupportDesk??
  12. Marcel Trapman

Kayako Mobile is owned by Kayako, is going to be the mobile client of Kayako, supports Kayako v4 and will be free (as far as I know but don't hold me responsible when this is wrong).
    SupportDesk is our (IT2BE) existing product, supports Kayako v3, will support Kayako v4 as well and is a paid iPhone app.

They will be 2 totally different apps!
  13. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

What would be the difference between the two considering your company is closely involved in developing both the free and the paid application?
  14. Marcel Trapman

I don't feel comfortable disclosing any information since it is a Kayako app.
    The only thing I can say is that I am 'only' the developer.
  15. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Yeah thats understandable. I hope Kayako does something quickly for Blackberry too.
  16. Joost Sanders

Joost Sanders Reputed Member

A month has past since the last update on this subject. Is there any more information to share besides the fact that it has "top priority"?
  17. Marcel Trapman

The only thing I can tell you is that we are pretty far down the road but there is still work to be done on the app(s) and the API.
  18. CyberCr33p

CyberCr33p Member

I hope we have good news soon.
  19. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Just to chime in here too, we also use ( well did ) the app on our iphones. Right now we are having to use Kayako desktop, but it would really save all our engineers massive amounts of time and trouble if we could get the app once again on our iphones.
    Is there any update on when we can look forward to seeing this arrive?
    Gary
  20. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

We'll post some previews soon and a status of development on the blog.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.