iOS Kayako Mobile iOS - Can't login to helpdesk

Discussion in 'Kayako Mobile' started by Mako77, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mako77

Mako77 Member

Hi,

I have downloaded the mobile was really happy and excited and then.....I enter my password and it says its incorrect. I have quadruple checked this and its the correct password. I can log into the helpdesk perfectly fine through web page...?

Thanks

Ed

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

What version of kayako are you running?

Gary

3. Kevin Imel

Kevin Imel New Member

http:// or https:// That is what hung up a lot of my staff with the WinMo and Android apps

4. LightPath.it

LightPath.it Member

We had a problem with one of our staff earlier on. They too could login via the web page and they triple checked their password as they were typing it in. I believe the issue is down to them having extended characters in their password. In particular they had a + in it. We are using Loginshare to authenticate too, so I am not sure if that had something to do with it. When I reset their password to something a little less complex they were able to login fine. Hope this helps in some way.

Martin

5. Mako77

Mako77 Member

Hi,

Yes its extended charaters which is annoying. It this because the app is not using utf8 ?? Is this fixable ?

Thanks

Ed

6. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

No, the app supports UTF-8.
    I will check this to see where it comes from.

7. dobo

dobo New Member

Same issue here, any progress on this. Updated Fusion to version 4.40.986 so we could start using both the iOS and Android versions of the apps. Also using Loginshare, have no issues connecting from Android, nothing but "invalid username or password (attempt: x/3)" messages on iOS.

8. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman iOS Developer Staff Member

It is one of the things on the list.
    An update will be available soon.

9. Fred D

Fred D New Member

yea same issue here, our main Administration password has special characters as well and couldn't login with it. So I created a temp account with "password01234" and logged in right away

10. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

We've identified the problem for this and it will be fixed in the next helpdesk (and Kayako Mobile) update

11. spdhosting

spdhosting New Member

was this issue fixed in the latest build (4.40.1079)?,
    i could't find an answer on the change-log.

12. Jamie Edwards

No, it is coming in the next :)

13. Mako77

Mako77 Member

Hi,

The new version seems to be different. Its not complaining about the password error anymore now just says 'Connection Error' The returned data could not be interpreted please try again!

Ed

14. Jamie Edwards

Are you using a + in your password? If you are, please remove it - this needs to coincide with a helpdesk update due any day now. If you're not, please do a 'contact Kayako support' from settings

15. Mako77

Mako77 Member

Hi,

My mistake it is working now in the latest update......woohoo!

I use a proxy server but Apple unfortantly good at design not so great at coding the basics. Can't wait for Windows 8 phones. Anyway, thats a side point.

Thanks

Ed