Kayako Template Customisation - documentation?

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by Craig Vanaman, May 10, 2012.

1. Craig Vanaman

Craig Vanaman Member

Hiya,

I am about to start customising our templates before we activiate Kayako next week but I was looking for some documentation about template customisation first - what templates do what, what are the variables, how can i change what they do?

I couldn't find anything on the Wiki or the KBAs and the forum only has bits and pieces here and there. Do you have all that information consolidated anywhere?

We are running version 4.40.1148.

Regards,

Craig
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

3. Craig Vanaman

Craig Vanaman Member

Hi Gary,

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking specifically at email templates and the emails that are sent to customers and to our support staff.

Craig
  4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

there is html and text versions of the below, they are the same, only one is text only, and the other is html, the version used when sending the email depends on what you have set in admin CP, and also what the client can accept.

General
    email_generatepassword_html - The email sent to the client with their password
    email_html - The email sent when a reply is generated by client/3rd party
    email_needsstaffvalidation_html - the email sent to client when staff need to validate a new account
    email_noregistration_html - the email sent when the mail parser receives an email from an new user and registration is required
    email_notvalidatedgeneric_html - The email sent to validate an email address
    emailnotification_html - the notifcation email sent to staff, triggered by the notifcation system in staff CP
    emailnotificationuser_html the notifcation email sent to client, triggered by the notifcation system in staff CP

Ticket
    email_surveyhtml - The email sent to client by the surverys
    email_ticketautoclosefinalhtml - the email sent to client with a ticket is auto closed
    email_ticketautoclosependinghtml - the email sent to a client when a ticket is about to be closed
    email_ticketautoresponderhtml - the email sent to a client with a new ticket auto repsonse
    email_ticketforwardhtml - the email sent to client/3rd parties when a ticket is forwarded from staff CP
    email_ticketstaffreplyhtml - the email sent to client/3rd parties when a ticket is replied to by staff
    email_ticketuserreplyhtml - the email sent 3rd parties/staff when a user replies to a ticket
    News

email_subscriberconfirm_html - the email confirmation sent to client when they are subscribed to the news
    email_subscribervalidate_html - the email validation sent to client when attempting to subscribe to news
    Gary