1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

KQL in new kayako version

Discussion in 'Upgrading to the new Kayako' started by Joe Graw, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Hello,
    We would like to see KQL reporting available in the new version. While it is nice to have some canned reports/insights that you would deploy within the product, it is essential that we have the ability to create our own reports within the application. We currently depend on this feature and have created countless complex reports that allow us to monitor/manage our support. Without this feature, we would not be able to move to the new platform.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Joe,

The Insights you see at the moment in the product are the common metrics we think will help any company understand what is happening with their teams and help you get better at customer service. We will be expanding on this with the ability to make your own insights ( which we will be calling advanced insights ), this is something we are working on right now to roll out in a future update. So it is coming, it is just not there yet.

Gary

3. Joe Graw

Thanks Gary,
    I also read that kayako will no longer support client hosted versions. If this is the case, we will no longer be able to use the application which is very unfortunate as we have used kayako for nearly 10 years now.

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Joe,

What is your main concern with using Kayako in the cloud, if you don't mind me asking?

Gary

5. Joe Graw

Hi Gary,
    I sent you a private message in response to your question above.

6. JamesT

JamesT Member

Hi,

I would just like to add my voice to say that I'm deeply disappointed in your decision to stop developing your downloadable / self hosted version of Kayako. This was the main reason for choosing Kayako in the first place. We won't be moving to the cloud.

We are now evaluating deskpro.com because they provide exactly this solution.

James

7. Rogler

Rogler Established Member

Hi James,

thanks for that advise, we will look at that also ;-)

As far as I can remember, there was a huge mail bug in Kayako several months / years ago which was pushed by you - was it ever solved? We suffered from that also, but couldnt find a solution for that.

8. scrupul0us

scrupul0us Member

- i control my data

- i backup and encrypt my data

- i can restore my data at any time if something arises

- i control my hardware and monitor it

- i customize the code to meet my organizations needs, in-house, as needed, allowing the insertion of data from other systems inline with the system + external jumps

- i have a perpetual , unlimited agent, multi-site license

- getting the best discount now means signing on now (added costs) while functionality is missing (cant use it)

- retraining costs for a new system, workflow, etc

What is the internal POV of Kayako for us providers who've been in bed with you for years, who've married your software to ours and are now told:

"Hey we are EOL'ing this, replacing it with something else that won't satisfy your custom needs or security/privacy regulations/policies, is no where complete yet BUT sign on within 90 days to pay less for something you already own"

I get it, "the cloud is the future" and that's great when you are storing documents, scheduling appointments or collaborating BUT when you are asking my company to put 100% of my customers data with you in an environment I don't control, can't speak to the quality of (hardware, network, facility, compliance) how can you expect that?

Is your "Cloud" SSAE16 or HIPAA compliant? What backup plans are in place? If your "Cloud" gets DDoS'd how do I interact with my customers? What if you get hacked?

The only way to control that is on-premises and by taking that away from us, you're telling us to drink the kool-aid - that everything will be OK and to eat the additional costs.

I just don't see that happening.

Eric Van Tol, Rogler and meltemi like this.
  9. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hey scrupul0us,
    Yes, it is. You can read more here: https://www.kayako.com/security - our infrastructure is hosted on Amazon AWS and the relevant facilities are HIPPA compliant, but depending on the type of data you handle which falls within HIPPA, Kayako may need to be operationally HIPPA compliant, which we are not (we have not applied to be certified). You can drop me an email if you'd like to discuss this further.

We run server clusters and globally distributed load balancers across them, which provide a significant degree of DDoS resilience. For a severe DDoS attack, we have partnered with www.dosarrest.com to provide extra scrubbing and enhanced mitigation (and we target a time to recovery in a severe attack of < 30 minutes).

I hope this helps,

10. scrupul0us

scrupul0us Member

Can you speak to the other reasons?

11. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

I'm not sure I can! Can you tell me what you would like more information on?