1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Last activity not updated by client action

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by SeanD, Jan 7, 2015.

1. SeanD

SeanD Member

Seems like there are others that are affected by how 'last activity' is handled, however, I could not find a thread that quite fits our plight.

Problem:
    After a ticket is created by a client, some reply or update their ticket before it can be viewed by an agent. All agent views are sorted by last activity (first in, first out). With that, clients that spam their ticket keep getting pushed to the end of the line as that act resets last activity. When we eventually get to them, we have nice little notes of how we are ignoring them.

Possible solution:
    Last activity is only updated by agent replies and \ or a reply from a client if the the ticket is 'on hold' or 'closed'. Any reply from a client to a ticket that is 'open' does not reset activity but does add to the ticket body.

We have experimented with other views but nothing seems to address this. That said, if there is an existing solution I am missing, I am all ears.

Thanks for your time guys.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Sean,

You can alter your views to sort by staff update ( last staff reply ). That should do what you are looking for.

Gary

3. SeanD

SeanD Member

Hello Gary,

No, as we would be seeing tickets sorted at the top that were either never worked by anyone (unassigned) or ones that someone had worked.

Essentially, everyone that works this way either prioritizes tickets they have already worked over unassigned.... or... they have to get through all unassigned prior to getting to tickets they have already started. In our opinion, each is a poor way to work tickets.

Let me see if I can improve upon the solution..

'Last activity' is only updated by agent replies and \ or a reply from a client if the the ticket is 'on hold' or 'closed'. If 'on hold' or 'closed', and the client replied, status would be set to 'open', the reply recorded to the ticket and the last activity updated to reflect that. Any subsequent reply from a client to a ticket that is 'open' does not reset activity but does add to the body of the ticket as a reply from them.

If this were the case, and with the ticket now 'open', they could spam with further replies and it would keep their place in line with every other ticket (unassigned and ones already with replies from us) as last activity on 'open' tickets can only be affected by a staff reply.

What I am looking for is a setting somewhere that reads something like:

'Client replies only update ticket 'Last Activity' if the ticket status is 'on hold' or 'closed' [Check box]

I hope this is more clear and examined further as I get heat from brass that this is an issue with this product. They do not like the fact (and understandably so) that responses from clients on open tickets changes last activity (what we sort by).

Regards...

4. Gary McGrath

Hi Sean,

Maybe using the reply due might be more useful here for you. E.g. set the system so your staff have xx minutes/hours to reply to an end user. You can then sort your view by this.

Then when staff are viewing the ticket list, the ones at the top will be the ones with the least amount of time left to reply. ( You could also edit the view so the staff only see their own tickets/ unassigned etc..

I am not suggesting your idea is wrong, I am just thinking of others ways which might suit you better with the current build.

Gary

5. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

We use something simple along the lines of Gary's initial reply.
    Default view is by Last Activity with Last Replier column next to it.
    Actionable tickets are those at top of list where the Last Replier is not an operator.
    Operators are "caught up" once all tickets indicate an operator has replied.
    Any user update or reply causes ticket to rise to top of the list (actionable).
    Appearance-wise this is last in, first out but in practice an operator scrolls actionable entries and works up the list or jumps to urgent ones first.
    This probably won't work if you have a large number of tickets per hour.

6. SeanD

SeanD Member

I would give Kayako $15.25 million if they do this*. Still drives us nuts...

*Paid in 15.250.000 annual installments of $1

7. Gary McGrath

Hey Sean!

Good news, we have release the new Kayako and we made improvements in this area.

You can now create a new view for your staff to use, which can be filtered based on the last activity by staff or customer.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 16.31.50.png
    You can find out more about using views in Kayako here: https://support.kayako.com/article/1150-adding-and-editing-case-views

Gary