1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Live chat display problem

Discussion in 'Technical chat' started by robertv, Feb 18, 2011.

1. robertv

robertv Member

I have a problem when entering a chat session with a user i can't see what i have typed or what the user is typing. I tested other staff member and they don't have this problem. Is there a solution for this (bug fix or .....). [​IMG]
  2. meltemi

meltemi Established Member

Same problem here using the latest version (Kayako Desktop STABLE).
    The upper chat window in Kayako Desktop remains empty.
  3. Drew Lederman

Drew Lederman Established Member

The chat window in Kayako Desktop is actually an embedded Internet Explorer window. Did you guys recently upgrade IE? What version? Are you using a beta version? What version of Windows?

4. meltemi

I use Windows 7
    IE 8.0.7600.16384 64Bit
    and Kayako Desktop STABLE

Because I use firefox, I did not update the IE since I got my notebook about one year ago.
  5. meltemi

even updating the IE to V9 did not solve the problem..

Drew, we need help :confused: !!
  6. baal74

baal74 New Member

hello ! I have the same problem, but I don't think it's because of Win or IE...
  7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Have you tried testing this from another computer? Does it then work?
  8. baal74

baal74 New Member

yes I have, and it still doesn't work, that's why I thought it wasn't because of Windows...
  9. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

It may well not be an issue with your Windows and may be an issue due to mod_security settings on your server. You might want to have a look at them too.
  10. meltemi

Maybe the issue is associated with Win7 and IE9.
    Because I installed the same downloaded Kayako App (not working with Win7 and IE9) on XP with IE8 and it works.
  11. Drew Lederman

We have the same setup on our dev machines here, so I don't think that's the case... If you have any IE plugins installed on the Win7/IE9 machine, can you try disabling them? It could also be something completely unrelated to the client application, like supportskins mentioned.

Can you tell me anything else about the issue? Screen shots of both the staff and customer chat windows?
  12. meltemi

Hi Drew,

I do not usually use the IE because of the (much better ;) ) Firefox I prefer. For that reason I am quite sure that I did not install any plugins. But I will try to check the IE for updates etc.
    I do not have any screenshot concerning the issue itself. But it is simple to describe. The customer view is working fine. The customer can see my replies and typing own replies is possible, too. The issue is only the missing upper part of the chat window in Kayako Desktop. That window where you usually can see the conversation. Because I can read that conversation in the staff CP afterwards, it seems that only this window of Kayako Desktop seems to remain blank.
  13. Drew Lederman

Hmm. Definitely sounds like an IE rendering issue then.

Can you try something for me? Open up the CSS resources folder for Kayako Desktop (e.g., "C:\Program Files\Kayako\Desktop\resources\html\styles") and rename chat.css to something else, like _chat.css, then try chatting and tell me if anything whatsoever appears in the window.

14. meltemi

certainly I did.. Thanks for helping !

After starting the chat now I can see:
  15. Drew Lederman

Is that all you see? Did you try typing anything?
  16. meltemi

...yes, that's all I can see in the upper window. And that seems to be the only problem. The rest of the conversation (the technical part) is working. Words I type into Kayako Desktop are sent to the client. The client can reply but I cannot see this part in my upper window (only afterwards in the log).
  17. Drew Lederman

Can you open a ticket in the Development department? I'll help you from there.
  18. meltemi

19. Karan Bhagat

Karan Bhagat Member

It seems that your Internet Zone settings in the registry are corrupted and this is why Javascript is not called in kayako desktop applications. To fix this open the registry editor

>>> (Start > Run > regedit.exe)

and search the entry

>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

There you should have some folders 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. Sometime you have a folder before '0' with different name. In few cases a folder named "L" is shown before the 0.
    If you have this, right click and take the back up of the folder L using Export, and further delete the "L" Folder and restart your System. Now, you shall be able to read the messages in the chat window of Kayako Desktop application.

Hope it helps!
  20. Diane

Diane New Member

The chat works at this time. I just try it