1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Live chat display problem

Discussion in 'Technical chat' started by robertv, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Kegan DeCaul

Kegan DeCaul New Member

Im having this same problem - works on other computers, client receives messages, i just cant see them. Tried the IE fix but no help, any suggestions?

2. Karan Bhagat

Karan Bhagat Member

Kegan, try the following work around and update me with your findings:

1. It seems that your Internet Zone settings in the registry are corrupted and this is why Javascript is not called in kayako desktop applications. To fix this open the registry editor

>>> (Start > Run > regedit.exe)

and search the entry

>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

There you should have some folders 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. Sometime you have a folder before '0' with different name. In few cases a folder named "L" is shown before the 0.
      If you have this, right click and take the back up of the folder L using Export, and further delete the "L" Folder and restart your System. Now, you shall be able to read the messages in the chat window of Kayako Desktop application.

I have already added this procedure in the thread.
      In case you still face any issue, let me know.

3. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Have you tried the latest version of KD as this does not use IE anymore?

4. Kegan DeCaul

Kegan DeCaul New Member

Hi Karan, Thanks for such a quick reply! I have tried this already and there was no folder called 'L' just 0,1,2,3,4 - Any other suggestions would be appreciated. p.s. has Kayako desktop switched from IE to Chrome now?

5. Drew Keller

Kegan.

That is right, in the latest (or if not public the beta it is chrome)

6. Kegan DeCaul

Kegan DeCaul New Member

Ok well i have the latest KD version there is and Chrome doesn't update the traditional way so any suggestions?

7. Karan Bhagat

Karan Bhagat Member

No problem Kegan.

Yes, the latest Desktop application use Chrome as the default browser not IE anymore. I found that issue with old Desktop application that works with IE, the zones I suggested must be linked to IE.

Try removing the registry of Desktop application completely from:

>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kayako

Before removing the Entry, uninstall the Desktop application and remove the folder from 'Program Files' and 'C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\Kayako' in case of Windows 7 and Application Data in case of XP.

Update me with the findings.

8. Drew Keller

Just check that you are using a version greater than 4.2.0.642 as this was the version that Chrome was added.

9. Kegan DeCaul

Kegan DeCaul New Member

Ok tried this - still the problem persists! :)

10. Kegan DeCaul

Kegan DeCaul New Member

Im using version 4.2.0.669-Stable so it should be using Chrome.

11. Karan Bhagat

Karan Bhagat Member

Kegan, To diagnose, I suggest you to initiate chat with the Kayako Support team from http://www.kayako.com/ or from Kayako Support Center (https://my.kayako.com/), as they must be more familiar with these kinds of issues.

12. Jose Miguel

Jose Miguel New Member

Hello friends,

I have a problem with my chat installation. I have the latest version of wordpress but I can not get the live chat to work correctly. I downloaded the latest version and the problem continues.

Any recommendations for this chat?

Regards

13. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Are you seeing any javascript errors? There is a good chance of js conflict due to which live chat is not loading.