1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

LiveResponse chat problems since .48 or later update

Discussion in 'Kayako 3 Forums' started by owh, Feb 21, 2008.

1. owh

owh New Member

i dont know if this is directly related to this issue but i have downloaded the quick fix live response version and am running kayako 3.11.01 when customer request a live chat, the live chat operator is able to accept the chat but it doesnt update the clients window to allow them to chat to the operator it just says a operator will be with you shortly,

You can still see the client is typing a message in the operator window

after a few minutes i get the following message in the client window

Any one know how to fix this?

2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

That won't be related to the update I don't think. Sounds more like a template issue. Have you modified them recently?

3. blweb

blweb Member

I am experiencing the exact same issue with the latest update. I tried disabling my client firewall as well as the server's firewall for testing (just to make sure it was not related to some udp/tcp port settings).

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Thanks, we'll investigate the problem.

5. owh

owh New Member

i dont know if this is directly related to this issue but i have downloaded the quick fix live response version and am running kayako 3.11.01 when customer request a live chat, the live chat operator is able to accept the chat but it doesnt update the clients window to allow them to chat to the operator it just says a operator will be with you shortly,

You can still see the client is typing a message in the operator window

after a few minutes i get the following message in the client window

Quote:
    The client's chat window is not responding. If you continue to receive this message, the client may have ended the chat session, or the session may have timed out.
    Any one know how to fix this?

6. Jamie Edwards

Hi Owh,

• What operating system are you running?
    • Does this happen with every chat?
    • Is it occurring only since installing build .48 (the recent fix build)?
    • What build were you running before then?

7. owh

owh New Member

Im running windows xp pro (with the latest patch of doom)

yes its happening on every chat

yes its been happening since the .48unstable build

i was running build 3.1.1.36

thanks

8. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Kayako Staff

owh,

Would you be willing to allow us a test account on your server to attempt to figure out what's going on here? There are no differences in chat between .36 and .48 on our servers.

9. fbrzz

fbrzz New Member

LiveResponse chat problem

well well 4 days and still struggling with this installation :(

I installed the last stable supportSuite and when a customer tried to reach me by chat he always receive this message : "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The client's chat window is not responding. If you continue to receive this message, the client may have ended the chat session, or the session may have timed out.[/FONT]"

i went to kayako livehelp and an operator told me to upgrade to the new CSV version: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jasvinder Singh:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Please upgrade your helpdesk to the latest CVS Build (3.11.02) from your members area.[/FONT]"

I upgraded it and now when i go to the chat window i can't accept conections and in the client frame appears a JS error:

"unterminated regular expression literal
    [​IMG]</chatchunks>"

and firebug says that the response was: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><chatchunks><chunk><type>chatstatus</type><status><![CDATA[1]]></status></chunk></chatchunks>"

what should i do?

10. Jamie Edwards

Hi fbrzz,

We are looking into the problem and will report back soon.

11. owh

owh New Member

i updated to .55unstable build and still having ssues

12. Excel_Tech

Excel_Tech New Member

I vouche same thing here. Subscribing awaiting the fix..

Thanks

13. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Kayako Staff

owh and Excel_Tech,

Can you please be more specific? What are the issues you are experiencing?

14. Excel_Tech

Excel_Tech New Member

just recently updated to supportsuite 3.11.01. I previously was using winapp ver 3.1.1.33 and now use 3.1.1.36.

I dont think its the winapp (although not certain) but whenever a client tries to use live support button on our support url, the winapp acknowledges the request, sends it to a user, and then when we accept receive the following:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The client's chat window is not responding. If you continue to receive this message, the client may have ended the chat session, or the session may have timed out.[/FONT]"

I reverted back to the 3.1.1.33 version of winapp just to see if it worked and it didnt. Still got the non responsive client chat window.

Hopefully this was detailed enough thanks for your help :D

15. owh

owh New Member

Same as above still need a fix

16. Excel_Tech

Excel_Tech New Member

Follow up

Any Update on this issue? Need different information?

17. Excel_Tech

Excel_Tech New Member

Sorry for the double post.

18. Ryan Lederman

Ryan Lederman Kayako Guru

For everyone's information (there has been a lot of confusion about this in the past): The LiveResponse Client Application is really just a sophisticated wrapper around a very simple concept.

Both the client and staff ends in the LiveResponse system are nothing more than something that displays an HTML rendering of the conversation, sending messages to the server through an HTTP(s) POST operation.

These messages are sent to the server using AJAX + Javascript, and the code for each can be found in the following locations:

1. For the client: Look in the template called "chatheaderframe"
    2. For the staff: Look in /themes/admin_default/winappchatcontentframe.tpl

Both of these source files contains code that is nearly identical. Each one performs a loop, polling the server for messages. If a message is received it is displayed.

When the staff user receives an error such as "The client's chat window is not responding," this means that the client's loop is no longer polling the server for updates. This can be caused by several things, such as network problems, browser incompatibility (although we test with IE6, IE7, Firefox2, Opera and Safari), or it is possible that the client has simply changed their mind and closed the window.

Please understand that we do not change the code in the LR Client that sends or receives messages between builds, so if you upgrade the client application and you experience problems, it is very very likely that it is coincidental (unless you upgraded your server software at the same time, then it is probably not a coincidence and you should open a support ticket)

19. jrblaine

jrblaine New Member

I'm using Vista 64 bit system. And every version of Live support after 3.1.1.36 gives me a error about side by side operation. When I look in the event log I get the following error:

Activation context generation failed for "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kayako\LiveResponse\LiveResponse.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

20. Ryan Lederman

Ryan Lederman Kayako Guru