1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

LoginShare with Active Directory

Discussion in 'LoginShare' started by GKRAMER, Sep 21, 2014.

1. GKRAMER

GKRAMER Established Member

Hello,

I have a CentOS 6.5 box running Kayako, and am wanting for staff to be able to use SSO within Active Directory. Only user within a specific group within Active Directory should be able to authenticate.

We don't have an IIS server available and only want to use the CentOS box directly to Acitve Directory, is this achievable? and if so what needs to be done?

There are quite a number of LDAP and SSO interrogations that it has become quite confusing what can be used, so I would really appreciate some guidance.

Many thanks

2. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi Guy,

I'm not an Microsoft expert, but from my understanding it is only possible to enable SSO if Kayako is running under IIS with NTLM. Check https://forge.kayako.com/projects/ad-ldap-sso

So, if Kayako is running under CentOS with Apache or nginx it won't work. You still can create a LoginShare script in Kayako that will authenticate against Active Directory but your users have to prompt their user/password.

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Indeed, if you want AD SSO, then you would have to use IIS, as its the only webserver which will validate windows login sessions.

All webservers will work with AD logins, but only IIS will enable SSO along with AD logins.

Gary