Losing a long time customer

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by Chris Plapp, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

I would like to publicly post my dislike for the new Kayako hosted solution and how you are determining what agents and collaborators can do.

We have been a long time download customer and will not be upgrading to the new version as kayako has decided to price us out of this upgrade.

We would need Enterprise as I have an extremely customized solution with dozens of template groups, for all of our various customer facing support sites. I currently have a 20 user license on the hosted solution, but even at the discounted rates offered to upgrade, you are more than doubling our annual cost.

My main issue with the new system is this new user role of Collaborator, which is extremely limited.

We are a fairly large company, and have multiple support staff manning the Kayako staff side of things, answering tickets and live chats. They do not create, edit or manage the customer facing knowledgebase. All client facing help articles are written by the product managers, who manage the products themselves. I cannot imagine that we are the only company out there who does not task our support staff with having to write the never ending supply of help articles when features are released. How are support staff supposed to maintain SLAs and respond to tickets when they also have to write and approve help articles all day long?

I think Kayako really missed the boat here. Because Collaborators can only create articles and save them to draft, you are creating a huge workflow problem for us, as either our support staff has to stop helping customers and approve/review help articles so they are published in a timely manner, or we have to pay for 20 agents so we can maintain our current workflow.

I love what you have done with the new Kayako otherwise and have always been a HUGE fan of Kayako and this community until now. I even had meetings with some of your staff to review our needs before you even built this, so I am very disappointed to see how this has ended up.

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hey Chris - thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

On collaborators:

Our goal with collaborators was to allow other people in a business to access customer information to support their own work better, as well as to provide assistance to full agents by being able to leave private notes on cases and profiles, for better conversations in Kayako itself.

All hands on support = better support = better customer experience.

We added collaborators based on feedback from customers: (1) Fear of billing meant that access to customer information wasn't shared (2) This meant that conversations and knowledge about customer problems and questions were being lost and (3) This ultimately led to customer information being siloed from other customer-facing teams.

Collaborator users can:
    • Can add private notes to cases, but cannot update case properties
    • Can create new cases, but only with a private note to start with
    • Add notes to users and organizations, but cannot create users and organizations
    • Can edit and create Help Center articles set to draft, but cannot set Help Center articles to published
    • Can be added to teams
    • Can view Insights
    So, in short, they are specifically intended to be used by non-primary users of your Kayako to play a supporting role, rather than an externally supporting role. Externally supporting your customers is the inherent value of Kayako to a business, which is why only full, paid agents can do that.

I hope that explains our rationale behind introducing free collaborators to Kayako.

I've dropped you a message as I'm interested to discuss further!