1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Make IRS (KB) suggestions appear beneath subject?

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by MvdL79, Jan 28, 2020.

1. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

Hi all,

I know the forum is dead, but trying anyways. Hopefully someone is kind enough to provide some help with this issue.

Currently IRS makes the KB articles appear below the input text field (text area with description). As a result a lot of users do not even check the KB articles. Sigh.

Now I am wondering if it's possible to display the first best result just below the subject line. And the remaining hits below the text field (text area with description).

So in short:

[subject]
    [first IRS KB result]
    [text area]
    [remaning IRS KB results]

Is this possible? Should be. This would save us from "stupid" tickets.

Sidenote; I already found the following article: http://forums.kayako.com/threads/limit-number-of-irs-suggestions-to-users.25296/
    But that only limits the IRS KB results.

Thanks in advance!

2. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

A small bump (not being impatient, but trying to fight the spam on this forum lol).

3. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Someone should. ;)

MvdL79 likes this.
  4. MvdL79

MvdL79 Member

And another small bump (to fight the spam and to stay on top).

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

This is not possible by default. You will have to edit the templates and the source code to add this functionality.