1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.

Planned "Mark As Spam" should delete or disable the associated user account

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Carl Silver, May 17, 2012.

1. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

When marking a ticket as spam, it should automatically (or give you the option to) remove the account it created under the registered users list, This will help keep your user DB clean from spammy email addresses.

http://dev.kayako.com/browse/SWIFT-2507

:)

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

3. DCC Supplies

DCC Supplies Member

4. Ben Dobson

Ben Dobson Member

Completely agree. You don't need to run a helpdesk for long before you get a whole load of nonsense accounts. Cleaning these up is really quite hard and time consuming.

Carl Silver likes this.
  5. Erin Mann

Erin Mann Member

6. Carl Silver

Recieved an update on SWIFT-2507 but im not sure if it means it's fixed or marked as not implemented?! I think maybe there is some confusion as to what i ment?

If new spam comes in, it will not be blocked by the parser as no rule will exist. When using the "Mark as Spam" option in the ticket view it should give you an option to also delete the user account automatically created when the email was parsed.

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Carl,

That update means there is now a fix in place for the issue, but it has not undergone QA testing yet.

Gary

8. Carl Silver

ahh i see. I was just confused as to the comment posted with the update!

9. Lorna Webb

Lorna Webb Member

is there any update on this one? we would also be very interested to see it developed as cleaning up spam from the Registered Users area is time consuming and doesn't make sense.

Thanks!
    Lorna

10. James McCann

James McCann Established Member

11. Ken Tran

Ken Tran New Member

+1

I believe the last comment on that Jira ticket by James McCann is slightly wrong:
    "Agree with the above, when a ticket is marked for SPAM then the associated user account that was created should be deleted and the domain banned."

I don't think you should BAN the domain, for instance, you don't want to ban @gmail.com just because you have a spam from someone from gmail.

It should add that email to the BAN list and give you option to delete OR disable the user.

12. James McCann

Hi Ken you are right

13. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi folks

We are planning to add the following:
    • Immediately delete the ticket
    • Disable the user's account

14. James McCann

Excellent news!

15. Ken Tran

Ken Tran New Member

Awesome. Thanks for the update Jamie

16. James McCann

Do we have an estimate of when the next major release will be coming please? I need to plan ahead.

17. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi James,
    Sorry, we increasingly can't (and don't) estimates or ETAs. We keep our roadmap agile (by not having a roadmap, so to speak). As a development team are constantly moving towards becoming an agile development team, which focuses on fast iterations and a fast feedback loop. The priority is getting something in the hands of customers as soon as possible and then iterating based on feedback from there on. So rest assured that despite not providing an ETA, we're going as quickly as we can.