1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Moving or copying data from an old custom field to a new one

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Todd H, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Todd H

Todd H Member

Hi All,

We have an existing custom field (linked-select type) that we would like to change to a drop-down select type as the data in the sub-linked field is no longer relevant.

I can easily create the new drop-down select type custom field, but I'm wondering if there is an easy way to bulk populate it against the old tickets with the data from the primary field from the old linked-select field (I'd rather not go back and do it one at a time, and probably wouldn't if that's the only option).

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Sukhpreet Kaur

Sukhpreet Kaur Staff Member

Hello Todd,

By default you can’t bulk update the custom field values in old tickets. The probability is to use ‘Edit’ tab and select the value for custom field. However, to use bulk update, you can craft customized MySQL queries to update the value in old tickets. We have almost 6-7 database tables linked with custom fields, so would be required to make the queries accordingly.
    • swcustomfielddeplinks
    • swcustomfieldgrouppermissions
    • swcustomfieldgroups
    • swcustomfieldlinks
    • swcustomfieldoptionlinks
    • swcustomfieldoptions
    • swcustomfields
    • swcustomfieldvalues
    It might be the case that you need to write a small PHP script so you can decode the linked select custom field values.I hope this will help!

Sukhpreet Anand