1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Multiple custom HTML buttons

Discussion in 'Modifications, extensions and addons' started by Avram, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Avram

Avram New Member

As far as I know, it's not possible to create several different custom HTML buttons for live chat (with different graphics). Maybe I'm wrong and something's changed in recent versions of Kayako SupportSuite, but I've searched forums and found nothing on this topic*.

My solution is dirty one, probably a little bit slower than regular Kayako HTML button tag - but it works!

1) Download archive (attached)
    2) Unpack archive and upload files to yoursupportsuitedirectory/visitor/
    3) Edit file settings.php and place your SupportSuite URL into $kayako_url
    3a) If you are using any other theme than "client_default" you might need to edit other variables in settings.php
    4) Navigate with your browser to www.yourwebsite.com/yoursupportsuitedirectory/visitor/
    4a) If you see only blank page, navigate to www.yourwebsite.com/yoursupportsuitedirectory/visitor/form.php
    5) Fill out the form and click "Generate"
    6) Copy generated code into your webpage

Repeat steps 4-6 as many times as you want (need) to get fully working HTML button tags with different graphics.

With this Kayako hack you can monitor one or all departments, specify different image for each status (and each status of each department) and you can control status image with custom applied CSS class. For example, my image needed to be aligned to left side, so I've applied "align-left" css class and then created following entry in my style.css file:

Code:
    .align-left {
    float: left;
    }
    Please post any feedback here. Thank you.

Nemanja

* - Actually, I've found something here, but it suggest to create a number of template groups, but that's overkill.

p.s. There is no possibility unwanted visitors to harm your SupportSuite via this hack, but you can delete files: index.html, form.php and create.php if you don't want to generate custom codes anymore (old custom codes will continue to work).

Attached Files: