Multiple organization membership

Discussion in 'Feedback and suggestions' started by guner, Jul 13, 2011.

?

Would you like to be able to assign a user to more than one organisation

Poll closed Jul 27, 2011.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. guner

guner New Member

We have two customers: A and B. Customer A have users A.1, A.2, ... A.N. Customer B have users B.1, B.2, ... B.N. We need users A.1, A.2, ...A.N to be able to see and comment/modify all tickets opened by users B.1, B.2, ...B.N. On the other hand, users A.1, A2, ...A.N should be able to open tickets which are not visible to B users, but visible to other A users.

Richard Sand likes this.
  2. Hi

The current version Kayako relationship between the user and the organization of one-to-one. However, our company has users who work with several organizations. These users are called "supervisors." For these users, the relationship between the user and the organization is one-to-many relationship.
    Supervisors should be able to see/create the tickets of several organizations at once.

Carl likes this.
  3. UI interface changes:
    1. the user should see a list of organizations in the profile. (index.php?/Base/UserAccount/Profile)
    2. Add column "Organization" for ticket list if user is "multi-organization user" ( /index.php?/Tickets/ViewList)
    3. For "multi-organization user" add filter to ticket list. Filter have a values (My tickets, Tickets in Org1, Tickets in Org2, etc)
    4. If "multi-organization user" do reply it automatically switches mode "Watch" for this user
    5. "multi-organization user" can "Watch" or "unWach" for visibled tickets

Staff inteface changes:
    6. staff needs to see a list of user organizations
    7. choice of organization in their profiles should be the same as now (a quick search on top of the title)

System changes:
    8. Necessary to develop LoginShare, to appropriately handle the presence of several organizations from the User.

4. bs01

bs01 Established Member

The one-to-many should be a standard feature. This is one of the restrictive things I really don't like and is why we just use custom fields for organisations of we need them.

Alexander Shantalov and Carl like this.
  5. Domenico Campagnolo

Domenico Campagnolo New Member

I would have the same need. Are you developing this feature? If yes, when it plans to release?

Alexander Shantalov likes this.
  6. Hi

I have seen a reference to this idea on another thread but no replies there. What I am wanting to know is - does anyone else using Kayako have this issue and if so, has anyone a workaround.

We are a software company that supports up 1000 different organizations (hotels mostly). Most of those have x number of staff that can and do log tickets. some organizations are shared and some have managers. This all works well. The problem comes in where we have a single source that reports tickets for multiple organizations.

Example 1: Company A is a hardware /general IT support company that supports say 10 of our clients infrastructure. Company A is first level support for all those clients and will of log tickets with us on their behalf. We need to track which of our clients that ticket is for (not Company A). But The technician at Company A needs to keep track of his own tickets in our system.

Example 2: We support hotel groups who have a Head Office based IT team - as with above example, the central IT team supports 100 hotels. Each of those hotels is a customer of ours and we need to track their tickets per hotel (not from the Head office IT team) but the person logging said ticket can log tickets for any hotel in the group

Kayako does not allow for one User to work for multiple organizations (unless they have multiple email addresses which is not practical).

So, does anyone have any workaround suggestions for this please?

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

You can't have 1 user in more than 1 organsation, in your case I would recommend you simply keep the organisation as the person who is submitting it.

You could then create a custom field in the admin CP, so that when users enter a ticket, they have to fill in an organisation name or id or something like that, then when your staff view the ticket, it will be from user A, which belongs to organisation A, but the organisation custom field might state on behalf of organisation B

Gary

8. Thanks but I might have to do that the other way around or figure something else out. We rely strongly on the ability to see all tickets from a particular organisation - to the point where we had Dewak build us a ticket list in the organisation tab.

9. Sam Hall

Sam Hall Member

I have a similar query to this - I understand it isn't possible but wanted peoples' thoughts/opinions.

We deal with 100 organisations who pay us to provide a software solution (an applicant tracking system). We support their technical and client queries for the back-end of the system. This is easy - I have created organisations, with users and tickets created by XYZ COMPANY are linked to that given organisation.

We also support the front-end users, these are candidates - non-paying users who need support using the front-end. Their queries one day could related to XYZ COMPANY, and then another week TEST COMPANY.

The situation is that Joe Bloggs (front end user) could email us in relation to one company's system, then next week email us with a different query (a new ticket) related to a different company name?

I see the only weay around this is creating 100 different departments, not organisations?

10. Sam Hall

Sam Hall Member

Is a way round this tagging?

11. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Sam,

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

We just dont have organisations attached to these types of individual users who are using services that we provide to one of our clients.

If you need them for reporting, billing etc, the only thing I can think of would be to have a custom field on the ticket/billing so that you can report on the company the actual ticket of Billign was for.

12. Sam Hall

Sam Hall Member

Interesting. It's useful for us to know as systems are different across clients. So if Joe Bloggs enquires about one system that week we need to know - as often it can result in development work related to that client. The next week Joe Bloggs could email about another client - we also need to know for repoting purposes? Presumably if I tag each organisation I could just tag the ticket with "firmname" - and if the support query is regarding multiple client systems i could add more than one "firmname" tag

13. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Yes you could Use Tags, or Custom Fields for that. The advantage of Custom fields would be you could create a select list (althout 100 is a long list) so no typo's by your staff

14. I eventually had to succumb to adding a custom field for organisation ID. I may now need to setup multiple support desks for these "different" companies but havent gotten there yet. still trying to get the best out of this setup first.

15. Richard Sand

Richard Sand New Member

Kayako should implement this feature. If Kayako is meant to be a tool for support enterprises (e.g. the customers of the helpdesk are large organizations) then it is very common for 3rd parties (e.g. an expert at some technology) to consult at multiple clients, and having the same person with multiple logins is a bad practice. With SAP for example a user can log in and select one of multiple organizations that they are working on behalf of, and thereafter for that session be acting only for that organization. Kayako should support this business model. For example, my own company is a small business, but the software we sell is targeted at enterprises (fortune 500 and government), and those organizations expect enterprise-grade tools from me if I hope to do business with them.

16. solidius

solidius Established Member