1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako 3, which reached end of life in 2012. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (i.e. plain wrong!).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

MySQL Error

Discussion in 'Installation and upgrading' started by JoeBorg, Jun 14, 2007.

1. JoeBorg

JoeBorg New Member

I have purchased SupportSuite, followed all the steps all the way up to uploading files on my web server. I adjusted the config file properly, but I get this error message on the setup.php file.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/d/n/s/dnsadmin/html/support/includes/functions.php on line 423

I verified that I can make a connection to this database and it was successful.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

2. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Have you checked your details to make sure they are correct in config.php? Are any other pieces of software able to connect to the database without error?

3. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi Joe,

Please submit a support ticket using the Get Support tab within your member's area - a staff member will be able to quickly trace the problem for you.

4. ginaG

ginaG New Member

Hi Joe,

This is a solution to an error i had, i hope it will help you solve your problem also
    MySQL Error Messeage - FixYa

Good luck,
    gina.

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

I do not believe he is experiencing an access denied error