1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

MySQL has gone away

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by NC Software, May 15, 2017.

1. NC Software

NC Software Member

Recently updated MySQL to 5.7.18 from 5.6.x. We noticed it got quiet so I ran the mail parser link manually and it shows the error below:

Running parser for Queue ID '1': foo@nc-software.com Queue Total: 0, Accepted: 0, Rejected: 0 Running parser for Queue ID '2': foo2@nc-software.com Warning Router: https://helpdesk.nc-software.com/cron/Parser/ParserMinute/POP3IMAP PDO::exec(): MySQL server has gone away (D:/Webs/kayako/__swift/library/Database/class.SWIFT_Database.php:539)

Using latest version of Kayako with PHP 5.6.30.

2. NC Software

NC Software Member

Resolved - My.ini config issue and optimized all tables again.

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  3. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Can you please list the changes you made in my.ini?

4. NC Software

NC Software Member

I don't recall all of the changes but essentially when I upgraded from MySQL 5.6 to 5.7 a new My.ini was used and I missed some of the migration from the former to the latter. The one that I think broke it was the max size either attachment or message, one of the size settings. To better view old vs. new I removed all of the commented (# prefix) lines so I could see just the config items and that helped identify the problem.

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru