1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you or to your Kayako. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

.NET C# API Help Needed

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Terry Rogers, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Terry Rogers

Terry Rogers New Member

I am attempting to create a console application in VB.NET using this .NET library but am having little success.

The aim is to be able to pass the console application the parameters to automatically create a ticket.

At present I am trying a simple search, but even this I cannot get to work.

I have added the reference (Fig 1) and have tried to create the correct code based upon what is doumented here (http://wiki.kayako.com/display/DEV/Csharp .NET API Library#Csharp.NETAPILibrary-LibraryFramework) - Fig2.

I however get a large volume of compiler errors.

Is this API not usable within a VB.NET app or have I got something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Terry Rogers

Terry Rogers New Member

For reference to anyone else who has this problem, it turned out to be a change in .NET Framework was needed. By default VB.NET uses the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile framework, you need to change this to use the full .NET Framework 4 framework.